radiator support

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

someone backed into my car and my radiator support is bent pretty bad. a new one is around 100 bucks and i want to just do the work my self. does anyone know if the radiator support welded in? or is it just bolted?

THANKS

yea its tack welded in and it is a bitch to remove see you local mac tool dealer and get a tack weld drill bit

man i dont have a welder and i dont have money to go to a shop. the parts are cheap. but i guess thel labor is gonna be a bitch

you could try to pull it/bend it back into place...
or you can drill the welds and remove it, then use self tappers or bolts and nuts to rig it back together ghetto style...

i strongly advise you wait to get it done the right way...

Depending on how bad its bent, it can be pulled back into shape. I just had mine pulled back out. To make a long story short, i bascially ended up hitting a truck with trailer hitch on it. It totaled my hood and bumper but barely went above my front enforcement bar and hit directly in front of my radiator. My radiator did not bust, but the top support was out of alignment bad as well as my A/C and fan. I know a guy that does good body work and he had the right tool to pull it out. It was basically a bar with a chain welded to it with a hook on the end of a chain. Get someone you know personally that knows what they're doing to look at it and they might hook you up

yeah, you should take a sledge hammer and beat it back into shape. who cares what it looks like, nobody sees it when the hood is down.

just kiddin!
if its bent beyond repair, replace it, MAKE SURE you measure twice and weld once, if its outa alignment your bolt holes may not align properly, itll throw every little thing outa whack. best of luck.
i did this once a long time ago, and my headlights sat too far back

Back