re-dyno'd the sol yesterday

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
she put down a respectful 186whp and 136tq. last time i went to that dyno i put down 170whp. since then i added the jdm dc header, hommade cai, and put smaller injectors in (440's now). so if anyone wants to buy some RC 550's let me know :)
here is my graph. can't wait to take the car out on the road course again, woot.
gallery_106_2_1102792049.jpg

you need tuning y0. a/f looks decently good, but, i bet you can pick up some power with ignition tweaks and a vtec move.

Just curious as to why you have 440 injectors with a 180 whp setup?

You definitely need to move your VTEC back to something like 5000rpm- otherwise the dyno graph looks pretty good!

440cc injectors are just a tad too large for that power level, but they're by no means oversized. I'm maxing out my 310cc injectors at a 95% duty cycle, and I'm only making a bit more power than Mike. I'm pushing 185/160 so there's actually a lot more torque, but 310s aren't enough for me. I'm looking to go to 550s when I finally get around to finishing up the headwork on the engine, so 440s are still pretty reasonable.

Mike- I might want those 550s later. I'll trade you for a set of 310s? :lol:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Dec 11 2004, 12:48 PM-->
you need tuning y0. a/f looks decently good, but, i bet you can pick up some power with ignition tweaks and a vtec move.
[post=430501]Quoted post[/post]​
we played with ignition, advancing around 3 degrees and it did absolutely nothing.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Dec 11 2004, 01:11 PM
Just curious as to why you have 440 injectors with a 180 whp setup?
[post=430511]Quoted post[/post]​

because i'm from CA and i'm running on 91 pump gas with 12.3:1 CR.

Calesta
@Dec 11 2004, 01:19 PM
You definitely need to move your VTEC back to something like 5000rpm- otherwise the dyno graph looks pretty good!

440cc injectors are just a tad too large for that power level, but they're by no means oversized. I'm maxing out my 310cc injectors at a 95% duty cycle, and I'm only making a bit more power than Mike. I'm pushing 185/160 so there's actually a lot more torque, but 310s aren't enough for me. I'm looking to go to 550s when I finally get around to finishing up the headwork on the engine, so 440s are still pretty reasonable.

Mike- I might want those 550s later. I'll trade you for a set of 310s? :lol:
[post=430515]Quoted post[/post]​

i used to have my vtec at 5k, i hated it for drivability. remember, i have a 4.7 fd, so i ride slightly higher in the rpm range.
and no, i do not want some 310's, but if you want to buy the 550's i'll give you a sweet deal :)

what i really need is cams, the ctr cams are killing this thing :) i'm leaning towards toda b's again.. still not sure though

Ah, ok- drivability... I hover around my VTEC crossover quite a bit, and I'm ok with it. If you tune it so the power curve through the crossover is smooth enough, you won't even notice. That's how mine's set up. When you do upgrade the cams though, it'll move your VTEC crossover higher- so it won't matter as much. I would recommend looking at some of the cams that Jeff offers- they look more attractive than the Toda Bs.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 11 2004, 04:19 PM

[post=430515]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow, that is strange. I am making 197/134 all motor on Prelude 290 CC injectors at about 85% duty cycle....are you guys FI? I assume so with 160 lb ft of tq Calesta, just curious why such a large discrepancy in duty cycle.

we are both N/A. what are the internals of your build? the reason i went with larger was for my high compression on CA piss gas.

10.5:1 compression, Skunk 2 S1 cams, lots of head work, Skunk2 IM, reworked JDM 4-1 header, about 20 hours on the dyno and 93 octane fuel, you have much more compression and I forget about your gas out there so I suppose I can get away with a lot more ignition than you can. I found nearly 20 WHP in my maps just in the ignition timing, so I bet you have a lot of power locked up in there if you have some way to adjust ignition timing per-cell like a Hondata. Nice #s BTW, I forgot to mention earlier :D

Hey, Calesta, how the did you get 160 ft/lbs of torque?! Thats insane, good work!. :eek:

Yup, both Mike (B16) and Mike (Calesta) are all motor. My 160lbft came basically just from high compression and really light internals. The CP pistons and Probe rods that I have are pretty lightweight, and the compression ratio is up there around 12.8:1, maybe slightly higher. I'm running 93 octane Texas gas too. One of the advantages that I have is displacement- my engine sits at 2044cc, so that's where some of my extra torque is coming from. The head is 100% stock on mine right now.

Dyno:
https://hondaswap.com/~mike/sedan/dyno/..._civic_gsr2.jpg

Originally posted by nfn15037@Dec 11 2004, 09:22 PM
10.5:1 compression, Skunk 2 S1 cams, lots of head work, Skunk2 IM, reworked JDM 4-1 header, about 20 hours on the dyno and 93 octane fuel, you have much more compression and I forget about your gas out there so I suppose I can get away with a lot more ignition than you can. I found nearly 20 WHP in my maps just in the ignition timing, so I bet you have a lot of power locked up in there if you have some way to adjust ignition timing per-cell like a Hondata. Nice #s BTW, I forgot to mention earlier :D
[post=430648]Quoted post[/post]​

those are good numbers with your setup. i'm actually using hondata s200, but playing with ignition didn't seem to do much for me. here is what my motor is thus far. 96 spec b18cR motor with toda 12.3:1 pistons, stock head except for a ctr intake cam, homemade 3" cai, jdm dc header, and cheapo muffler man special 2.5" exhaust. my plan for this car is to tune it for 100 octane, eventually. this is my secondary car now, so i use it soley for track events. i think the biggest thing holding me back right now is cams, but i'm still searching for that "perfect" profile i want for road course driving. best i've found so far are toda b's, which i might end up doing. but for now, this is good power to gain some seat time with. my main concern is learning to drive the car now with the addition of an ATS lsd. the car behaves much differently now with throttle steering. i'm guessing by this summer i'll get some cams in there and see what numbers she can make :)

Wow, I need to go 2.0L badly! Both of your cars have great #s, I can't wait to see what they make when they can breathe with some big cams. It is nice to see people using their cars for track events instead of just street or drag racing, w00t!

https://hondaswap.com/forums/uploads/11..._1100758888.jpg

Is the last one I have on this computer and is with a ported GSR manifold. I have since ditched it in favor of a Skunk2 and retuned the shit out of it, and desperately need more compression/displacement.
<--1797 CCs still :D

That is surprising the motor did not respond to igniton timing, maybe the conservative cams? Both of those motors would make tons of power with some head work and cams, hotness.

:thumbsup: for all motor g00dness!

and sorry for whoring this thread up with other dyno plots, questions, etc :)

:thumbsup:

Those are really good numbers out of your engine too, considering that it's relatively low compression! I have watched a GSR with the same setup as yours but stock pistons (not much different than yours) put down 195whp on the dyno though- also using 93 octane. I think he just got lucky.

Good Job ont he Dyno.. You all motor guys amaze me with your patients.. I didn't have any.. I just had to have power and cheap power.. :)

Something is calling your name in my Cabinet here at my shop..

toda.JPG

Back