Reading an ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have what may seem like a dumb question but I don't know the answer so plz just help me out.
(yes I've searched for answers already) I have a 1990 si still running stock and the check engine light is coming on. I have tried to read the ECU. I think it is reading just a 1 but I'm not sure how long a pause there should be between flashes in order to read it.
It started when I tried to replace my O2 sensor and found out the current one is siezed in place.
So I recconnected it. That is when my check engine light started coming on after around 15-20 minutes of driving.

If someone could help me understand what the timing is on reading my ECU I would be gratefull.

a real quick blink = 1 (o2)
if you have time to say "one" out loud it is probably a 10 (IAT)

Judging by you fucking with the O2, I'd say it's probably a 1.

there is a check timing connector you have to jump. Once you jump it, you use a timing light to set timing. The connector is 2 pin, down by the ECU.

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing you said

"there is a check timing connector you have to jump. Once you jump it, you use a timing light to set timing. The connector is 2 pin, down by the ECU."

because you think the timing might be out? But I haven't touched the timing at all. Just screwed with the O2 sensor.

The LED is a seemingly continuos flashing with about a one second pause between flashes

Back