1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reading an ECU

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by testtype00, May 4, 2004.

1. testtype00

testtype00 Member

I have what may seem like a dumb question but I don't know the answer so plz just help me out.
    (yes I've searched for answers already) I have a 1990 si still running stock and the check engine light is coming on. I have tried to read the ECU. I think it is reading just a 1 but I'm not sure how long a pause there should be between flashes in order to read it.
    It started when I tried to replace my O2 sensor and found out the current one is siezed in place.
    So I recconnected it. That is when my check engine light started coming on after around 15-20 minutes of driving.

If someone could help me understand what the timing is on reading my ECU I would be gratefull.

2. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

a real quick blink = 1 (o2)
    if you have time to say "one" out loud it is probably a 10 (IAT)

Judging by you fucking with the O2, I'd say it's probably a 1.

there is a check timing connector you have to jump. Once you jump it, you use a timing light to set timing. The connector is 2 pin, down by the ECU.

3. testtype00

testtype00 Member

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing you said

"there is a check timing connector you have to jump. Once you jump it, you use a timing light to set timing. The connector is 2 pin, down by the ECU."

because you think the timing might be out? But I haven't touched the timing at all. Just screwed with the O2 sensor.

4. testtype00

testtype00 Member

The LED is a seemingly continuos flashing with about a one second pause between flashes

5. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

its a code one. you were the one concerned with your timing.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted