remember the joke about if MS was a car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This has been a long time comin'. At least they aren't running Win98... lol

Hmm, bluetooth + windows + car = lots of new hacking oportunities. This is the worst idea EVER. Hopefully I will never have to own a car with all that newfangled shit. I want my basic standalone (as in NOT online) ECU and a standard manual transmission. The more control the computer has, the less the driver has, and thats not a good thing....for people that acually want to DRIVE.

I promise I will NEVER EVER EVER drive a car running windows. Ever.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Oct 21 2004, 05:45 PM
The more control the computer has, the less the driver has, and thats not a good thing....for people that acually want to DRIVE.

While I agree about never driving a Windows car, I do wonder about the above statement... I mean, the F16 is one of the most manouverable fighters out there. Why? Because it's inherently unstable. Turn the comptuers off, and it'll fly backwards into the ground, and there's not a damn thing a pilot could do about it. Apply that to cars, and you could have radical autox alignment settings and crazy stuff rear springs and sways, and still drive it without much thought when you didn't want to oversteer...

There'd be a weird car called a Linux-mobile, that was easy to get, but wouldn't be sold by big dealers. You could find it for $50 at Fry's supermarket, get one free from a friend, or have it delivered very slowly through the bathtub faucet, extruded out long and skinny. Hell, you could go out and buy a book on how to drive the Linux-mobile and find the car tucked into the back cover!

If it broke down or needed some work, the best mechanics would be other Linux drivers who just happened to be driving by. Each Linux-mobile would come with a metric ton of tools in the trunk, from the simplest greple-wrench to a big box of network sockets. If you didn't have the tools you needed, you could always get different ones, since they were all free.

If there was something that didn't work quite right in your car, instead of waiting for a car company to offer the next model year three years from now, you could just bum some new and improved parts from your friends.

Linux-mobiles would be a little ugly, a little rough around the edges, and not too popular. The people driving them would look like mechanics. Pretty soon, you'd look like one too. But you wouldn't care so much as you drove past those stranded in the center median. Maybe you'd stop to offer help, but would scratch your head when you notice that their WinCar didn't seem to have a hood to open and look under. Then you'd notice that this car didn't seem to have doors either, and the driver was trapped inside.

Linux-mobiles would require a different key for each person that drove them. Even weirder, they would grow a new steering wheel each time someone new got into the car! What's more, the Linux mobile would happily run for weeks, *continuously*, even making trips on its own with *no* driver. You could relax with your paper while your car went to get groceries.

You wouldn't even have to sit in them to drive them; you could steer them from another car's steering wheel if you wanted to!

While you couldn't drive the Linux-mobile on a few popular tollroads, such as the MSOffice Turnpike, you could drive it a lot more other places: on roads, on dirt trails, over grassy fields, along train tracks, through the sky, and across the sea floor.

how convenient...now instead of yelling at the top of your lungs to the jerkoff driver in front of you, you could simply just text message him :lol:

Originally posted by Sabz5150@Oct 21 2004, 05:12 PM
You could find it for $50 at Fry's supermarket,
[post=405890]Quoted post[/post]​

Not to go off topic, but I love fry's.

Got a monster cable amp kit the other day there 4 gauge, 30 bucks, with everything but the rca's. Damn good price for monster cable!

honestly i don't feel all that comfy with all the new technology coming out. thats kinda why i'm glad i always stuck int he stone age with my ef's

Back