Remote wire?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys, does anyone know what im supposed to do when there is no remote wire coming out of the deck? Its a bit older and its jvc. Wont this just kill my battery?
thanks

find the fuse for the radio (or another that turns on with the key) using a test light and then just run the wire to that... idk? just an idea it should work though

yep its basically the same as the blue remote turn on except it turns on with the car not when the radio turns on

yeah the red wire should work. any wire that has key-on power will work fine. a test light will tell you what wires turn on and off with the ignition (key).

I used the radio fuse in my Santa Fe when I had my subs hooked up to my stock head unit. Does the exact same thing as the remote wire coming from a head unit.

sometimes the ignition wire can be yellow i have a kenwood and thats how mine runs, with the red wire as constant power

your an idiot paulsen it is never that way i am an installer red has been the ign color for over 20 years and is standard. the only way it is different is if you have a kenford not kenwood radio

Last edited:
lol sorry for the misunderstanding i must have been drinking when installing my kenford and is that why i have to reset my stations everytime i turn on thecar hahahahaha

Last edited:
if you wanna run a with run a wire from the red wire to the switch then from the switch to the amp

Honestly, take the remote wire coming from your amp, find the radio fuse in your fuse panel, pull it out, wrap the wire around one of the prongs, and shove it back in. Problem solved.

Back