remove climate control, keep heater?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blasterman87

ok i want to take the climat control out of my civic, along with the a/c componints, to clean up the dash(eventually install dvd player screen or computer) but for now, just block it off with diamond plate or something diffrent.. now my problem is i need heat, i live in wv and we have cold winters.. my plan is to just set the heater fan to medium and put it on a toggle switch, so if i want heat just flip the switch, and it will also be set to floor/dash/and window.. does this seem possable or is there a diffrent way?

ok, now the question i have is what all can i remove and still have heat? im guessing all i need for heat is heater core/heat ducts and the fan correct?

if you look under the hood at the lower heater hose just before the firewall, you will see a valve in the hose - this valve regulates the amount of hot coolant flowing into the heater core - it is controlled by a cable from the climate control box - you could mount a cable (like a universal choke cable) under the dash and connect it to the valve in order to open and close the valve as needed - similar thing for the air mixture (all defrost, all floor, etc.) and the recirculation, although if you don't have A/C, it is best to just leave it always on outside air to keep the windows from fogging up

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/15830/10002/-1

where are you in WV? i am originally from Elkins

Last edited:
thanks alot thats a good idea, im in keyser w.v... but my car sits in my dads garage in fort ashbey for now (bout 20 min drive). and ill be selling the climate controll on ebay is it worth much? its pretty much mint condition and i have a/c

Back