replacing a timing belt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

silicon_ghost

I had a question about replacing a timing belt. I got a 93 del sol Si with the D16Z6 motor. it has 132,000 miles on it and i dont think the timing belt has ever been changed on it. My question is, how hard is it to replace the timing belt? Would i be better off taking it to a mechanic or is it something i could do on my own. I know it is pretty expensive to have a mechanic do it, but i worry i would mess something up.

I did my timing belt and water pump by myself without ever having done it before. I also did my head gasket on my own, but I did watch my buddy do a few head swaps so I kinda knew how to do that. Get yourself a manual and if you have a little bit of mechanical knowledge I think you can do it.

i changed the belt on my h22a. if youre not scared of the idea of taking out a motor mount, it should be insanely easy.. i mean your motor's sohc, so you dont have to line up any cam gears, but you do have to pay carefull attention to put the belt on the same teeth it came off. to help you with this, you should make marks with like a grease pencil while the old belt is on, on the belt and the gears. then take it off, and transfer the marks from the old belt to the new one, and slide the bitch on. then put everything back together. then drive and smile.if you need any advise or anything, you can im me hondah22acivic on aim. good luck.

Back