Reply to 2009 Corvette ZR1 Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it sounds like the engine is going to blow up while its idling....thats scary.

A rotary engine can stand much higher heat temps then that of a piston engine. When u start the engine its usually lost the heat and very cold, therefore most rotary's (besides the rx8) have a pull start aka manual choke.
I bought my rx7 for dirt cheap because the auction guys i bought it from said it wont idle. Little did they know about the car. I started it right up. They thought i was King Arthur from the Sword in the Stone.

skip to 1:25--VVV
YouTube - RX7 START UP

YouTube - REW '85 RX7 first startup

A rotary engine can stand much higher heat temps then that of a piston engine. When u start the engine its usually lost the heat and very cold, therefore most rotary's (besides the rx8) have a pull start aka manual choke.

Come again ?

Bouncing idle is usually connected to too much air or fuel, and the O2 sensors and ECU can't compensate correctly. It's not a show stopper. Usually happens when you do so much as replace the air filter, or the old one gets clogged.

Excuse me sir, if you are talking about a rotary then I do not mean to offend you, but you are wrong.^_^

Last edited:
hahaha... That's ok. You're not on the bad track yet.

But I still need explanation of the first Rotary faux-pas - The one about the pull start and the heating up and such. Just want further explanation as to what you are saying.

Iv never seen anyone pull-start their rotary before...

there is no explanation, rotary engines suck. dont ever buy one.
they eat gas and are unreliable:ph34r:

Back