Restaurant Suggestions (Anniversary)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
This is for the CT folks posting it here as I'm not sure it would be seen as quickly in the northeast sub-forum.

So it's been 7yrs and the wifey says you plan something. I suck at planning going to dinner, vacations etc... So I'm trying to find a nice place that won't brake the bank. e.g I'm not looking to head out to Ruth Chris's a little to pricey. We've been there a few times but the last time we went we didn't feel it really warranted the menu prices. IN the long run it's not really that special of a place. I've had better food at less expensive places.

My wife's favorite dish is penne a la vodka or a filet mignon. Ideally the restaurant would be somewhere that a simple t-shirt and jeans won't do. The attire should be at least a nice button up w/ dress paints.

I live in Wallingford and I'm looking for ideas that are with a 20ish min drive. Wallingford, Branford, Middletown, Newington, Cheshire etc...

Ideally I'd like to find somewhere we haven't been before.
Anybody care to suggest a few places???

Thanks

Yeah I like that place too. I'm trying to find somewhere we haven't been before.

there are a lot of nice places when you start heading out toward the north west corner...

could be a decent idea... go out for a dinner up there then go for a scenic drive through the hills... cheap and fun :)

something else to consider
a lot of the golf courses/country clubs around here have nice restaurants that are open to the public
usually a little dressier than t-shirt and jeans

do up the miles, and take her to the Nordic Lodge in RI..

Dress as you wish, no dress code, and the price is $75 a person...but plenty to eat...

and awesome as hell.

Back