reverse lights dont work - 92 EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXratedR

Im not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but Im thinking its a electrical problem, so I'll start here.

I have a 92 Civic DX Hatch with a B18B swap. The problem is the reverse lights; it wont come on when I shift it into reverse (5 spd).

I checked the fuse and its good. I even replaced the bulbs. But it still doesnt work.

Is it the sensor or switch? If so, where are they located?

Or is it the wiring?

Diagrams or directions on finding the wires, sensor, switch, and/or fixing this problem, would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help.

First, has the reverse lights ever worked with the motor swap done in the past?

There is a reverse switch on the transmission housing. I dont have a picture for you, but on my B16's Y21 trans, it's on the bottom-front most corner. On my trans it's all alone there, so it would be easy to spot. it's got a 2 wire connector covered by a black rubber boot. Usually the wire runs up the front of the trans to the wiring harness by the starter. Remember, me = no exp with B18B...

but if it's indeed electrical, i can help for certian. lmk if you get it, or not, then answer that question ^_^

edit for another ?: if they've never worked before, was this chassis once home to an automatic trans?

i dont think the reverse light ever worked before or after the swap.

i replaced the bulbs, fuses and even the back up light switch, but still doesnt work.

so im guessing its wiring. help? wiring diagram or something? i needa do a brake and lamp inspection for DMV for the reregistration of my now salvage car. any help is appreciated. yblegal? whurr u at?

(sleeping.)

...fun friday.

but, PM'd ;)

Back