rex with sedan bottem end?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Crx Kid22

:) my block sais d15b1 and when i looked in my chiltons manual it sais that this is a sedan bottem end?!?!?! seems kinda wierd, does anyone know what the benifits to having this is? also i'm looking for some more acceleration on my 88 dx rexanyone got any ideas?

someone probably swapped it out...not rlly a big deal..but if you want more acceleration look into a better geared tranny and maybe some motorwork...or just swap it out for a bseries

ye sorry whats std stand for then? thats wierd cuz i got a five speed

the std is just the bottom of the barrel civic from 88-91 they came with a 4speed someone prolly just stuck a 5spd trans on a std motor.

oh yay ! bottem of the barrel is just my style! =P so not much difference though? hey would u go look at my pics ill be right back so you can tell me if it is a rex head?

looks like a crx head to me, but the b1 has weaker rods than the other 88-91 civic/crx motors it came with i think 72hp

well if your not wanting much more hp, then a d15b swap or b18a1 swap would be ok

none of that will work in a d series motor. you can get a newer d series for under 500 bucks then you could get a good name brand turbo kit for about 1300 bucks,

so i would like to stay with the rexes but since i will be hunting whats the best bang for your buck?

depends on the buck lol, i think you should just get a obdo b16a. but if you cant swing that mutch just get a d16 from a 88-91 si then you can build that one up perty nice

ya and get the nice injectors and nice every thing else problem is im not very savy with swaps and my dad is more used to the barbaric v8's and shit.. =/ so idk i kinda wanted to stick with this but if its gonna blow when i turbo it theres no real use in having it such a bummer...

Back