RHD Conversion?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tHe mAd tTtE c00l sHiT t0 d0 iN jApAn iS a LHD c0nVeRsI0n y0!

Originally posted by dwn2low@Jul 1 2004, 07:23 PM
Uh also if you read you would see I said problem solved. Second I am an officer in the AF and i do Aircraft Maint. I'm glad to see that you have the slightest bit of respect for those who serve your country. The cuss words though are not needed. Atleast be an adult.

blah. you earn my respect, you don't demand it. Sorry.

Going over to Japan to sit on your ass buying cheap electronic shit all day does not count as "serving your country" in my book. Did I serve? no. but stories of my brother doing jack shit in Korea and Japan as well as in Bosnia and Ft Riley Kansas lead me to believe that if you're no where near Afghan or Iraq, you're pretty much sittin around until you're called upon doing jack shit.

Once again, if you're going to demand it I'm not going to give it to you.

You guys are all a bunch of haters. You hate cause why. Because you don't understand. I am doing a RHD conversion to a 93 Civic ex EJ1... not to have a JDM car... But to be unique and not like every other rice boy one the face of the earth... and in the post too it looks like... Even if you don't like something... you should be able to respect hard, clean work that someone did.. not hate on them cause you can't afford it or are not talented enough to pull it off, or that you just do not know what your talking about so you flame it!!! That's my .02 cents...

And the RHD conversion is rather easy, you will need a RHD front clip with all it's parts in and out minus the motor swap, you need need to basically unbolt all from it and then drill the spot welds out of the fire walls and swap in the RHD one, then weld it back in then bolt all back to it all will bolt up except for the steering coloum brace and the wiring to the rear of the car... that is the trial and error part....
Have fun in Japan... And don't listen to these flamers...

Let's take a poll of the flamers in this room... how many of you have clear tail lights, a big wing, or any APC, Matrix or JDM "style" stuff on your car... enough said.. you do not have room to flame!!

Originally posted by JDMdIPpInEJ1@Jul 2 2004, 07:33 PM
You guys are all a bunch of haters. You hate cause why. Because you don't understand.

hahaha I love it. I don't understand...

I am doing a RHD conversion to a 93 Civic ex EJ1... not to have a JDM car... But to be unique and not like every other rice boy one the face of the earth... and in the post too it looks like...

well at least you admit you're a ricer... it has absolutely no performance value whatsoever. it's just a waste of cash and time. I have better things to spend my money on. like a turbo kit.

Even if you don't like something... you should be able to respect hard, clean work that someone did..

If I don't like something, why should I HAVE to respect it? fuck that. If i don't like it, I'm going to say I don't like it.

not hate on them cause you can't afford it or are not talented enough to pull it off, or that you just do not know what your talking about so you flame it!!!

oh so now it takes talent to waste money? Shit, I have talent then... give me your money I'll blow it on stupid pointless shit too.

Originally posted by JDMdIPpInEJ1@Jul 2 2004, 07:33 PM
You guys are all a bunch of haters. You hate cause why. Because you don't understand. I am doing a RHD conversion to a 93 Civic ex EJ1... not to have a JDM car... But to be unique and not like every other rice boy one the face of the earth... and in the post too it looks like... Even if you don't like something... you should be able to respect hard, clean work that someone did.. not hate on them cause you can't afford it or are not talented enough to pull it off, or that you just do not know what your talking about so you flame it!!! That's my .02 cents...

And the RHD conversion is rather easy, you will need a RHD front clip with all it's parts in and out minus the motor swap, you need need to basically unbolt all from it and then drill the spot welds out of the fire walls and swap in the RHD one, then weld it back in then bolt all back to it all will bolt up except for the steering coloum brace and the wiring to the rear of the car... that is the trial and error part....
Have fun in Japan... And don't listen to these flamers...

Let's take a poll of the flamers in this room... how many of you have clear tail lights, a big wing, or any APC, Matrix or JDM "style" stuff on your car... enough said.. you do not have room to flame!!

:blah: :bo:

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Jul 2 2004, 07:39 PM
haha your shit will be slow, original and a jdm rip off ..for all that money you would spend you could just buy a jdm car .. i geuss some people like slow rhd cars stock engine stock everything but hey its right hand drive.. .pointless as pointed out before utterly pointless

Everyone has a hobby. I'm doing a diy port and polish job on my LS head, not that it will make a huge difference in power, because I am not getting any aftermarket cams. I'm doing it just for the sake of it sounding like something fun. Stop being dorks and telling him that he his wasting his time doing stupid things. And he never said his car would be slow, and how would it be any slower as a RHD than a LHD? Just grow up and get a life. He spends his time making his car into something he want to drive, and show off, and you can build your car however you like. Someone could also argue to say turbos are a waste of money and time too, but whatever. Different strokes for different folks. It's just something to do, so he's not being a couch potato, give the flaming a rest.

i dont think it would be that difficult to learn/remember you are driving a rhd....think mail man ;) btw i almost got clipped by a mailman when the left side of his mail truck was sticking out right into oncoming traffic. put a post-it on your window to remind you

There's no need to be hatin' on people in this section of the board. It is here specifically for the purpose of giving those that like body work/conversions, whatever a place to ask questions to other people that like them without littering the tech forums, as well as more common issues in the vein of the title.

Do not hate here, if you don't like something, do what the rest of those that don't care about bodywork and other "rice" do, and don't come in here. If you do come in, and you see something you think is stupid, click the next link.

If you have to comment, please do so with tact.

Well first I would like to say I have been over to the sandbox spent 8 years in the army as an EOD tec. (explosive ordanance disposal) So lets not go there. I have been shot at and seen friends die. I would gladly give up the Army Acomedation(sp) metals I have to have them back.

Last. to each his own. no need to be rude. I was going to do it for looks just because I like it and I still may if I don't buy one in Japan. However if I want to spend money I can. I do all my work myself anyhow except for paint.

There is enough rude people in this world importers should not add to and try to get along. Hell if I ever see a import stranded I ALWAYS stop and ask if they need help. So if I have mad you mad I am sorry but please don't continue to belittle people because of what they like.

I think its cool or whatever if u wanna do that. Personally i wanted to do that until i figured out how much money it was going to cost me. But if your going to do this conversion, dont go to any streetraces because believe me u will get attention and if someone challenges u and u back down or lose then be prepared to get flamed way worse than what people have been saying to u on here. But IMO i think it is unique because u dont see very many people in the U.S. with RHD cars but like somone on here b4 said "good luck at the drivethru's"

being able to drive a RHD car good is another talent, i had my del sol shipped over to england when i pcs'ed over here. driving on the opposite side as everyone makes everything more dangerous though, like passing and such.
but i remeber when i drove a RHD car for the first time, curbed it like a mothafuker, haha.
i say do it if you want to, i have the opportunity over here for cheap, but choose not too

Back