RIAA Crap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

randerson165

I have had dial up for awhile and I want to switch back to cable. But the main reason is so that I can download music. If I use a program such as Imesh or Kazaalite will they find out ? If you disable the file sharing are you ok ?

tha govt cant get your stuff unless its in your shared folder, if you turn sharing off and move stuff out of your download folder you are perfectly safe.

:withstupid:

kazaalite also has a feature that doesnt allow people to search your shared folder and blocks any IPs known to be related to the RIAA just incase

so once I download the music, I just need to cut and paste to a new folder. As well as disabling the sharing function ?

If I use some sort of IP blocker, will that help ?

just move it into a folder named "Cheese Doodles" or some made up shit

just those 2 will take care of it

Yeah just move your music and movies to another directory that's not shared and you're fine. I still share all my other stuff though... My own music, my old bands music, text files, car videos, weird music that the riaa has no interest in, etc. :)

Originally posted by randerson165@Nov 14 2003, 04:01 AM
so once I download the music, I just need to cut and paste to a new folder. As well as disabling the sharing function ?

If I use some sort of IP blocker, will that help ?

An IP blocker doesn't do shit... I don't feel like posting an explanation right now... so if you want to know why:

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/rema...pping~mode=flat

Back