Rims

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Marcizo

Do any of you guys know some very light rims? and look good at the same time? i have 15x8's on my civic right now and it's rubbin' the crap out of the rubber. it's too wide and it looks horrible. so any suggestions would help. thanks

Various models by Spoon, Volk, Enkei, Racing Hart, and Rota. Rotas are the cheapest and highly recommended here.

Rota huh? what would be the best way, that you recomend, gettin' them. net? do you guys have a website? thanks, i really appreciate it.

www.alljdm.com is a very good place, check the vendor booth, the guy (jason) is having a group buy until the 5th, and 450 for 15's shipped, 500 for 16's shipped, etc. A hell of a deal in my opinion with shipping.

rotas are light for the price... thats it
they are far from the lightweight rims were talking about
they also are nowhere near the quality and strength

im saying if you are serious about VERY light wheels then rotas are not what you want

they are decent for the budget minded tuner
but for all out performance you want the lightest shit you can get (basicly somewhere in the 8lb area)

there is a significant price difference between rotas and a true forged lightweight performance wheel though
rotas can be had for about $450 a set
the top quality 8lb wheels will cost you $300+ per wheel

so it comes down to how serious are you

Originally posted by Blanco@May 1 2003, 11:31 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 15x6 just a little on the thin side? For the CP-035's in 15x7 it's almost 10lbs. each, which is still extremely light.

Not really. 15x6 works really well with 205/50/15, and is perfect for 195/50/15. The older SE-R came stock with 205/50/15 tires on 15x6 rims.

<_<

Depending on how big you want to go, Tenzo R's are pretty light. i have 18" wheels on my car and they weigh about 16-17lbs. and thats good for a 18" wheel.

RESPECT!

Originally posted by ForceFedSol@May 2 2003, 02:08 AM
<_<

Depending on how big you want to go, Tenzo R's are pretty light. i have 18" wheels on my car and they weigh about 16-17lbs. and thats good for a 18" wheel.

RESPECT!

and what tenzos might those be????
im sorry but tenzo makes some heavy ass rims
their 17s are all in the 20+lb area

Originally posted by ForceFedSol@May 2 2003, 01:08 AM
<_<

RESPECT!

OMG, you're fuckin' pathetic. peep the last thread you posted on ( https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...=0&#entry107161 ) ... if you were a "serious tuner" you wouldnt' have 22lb 18's on your fuckin' sol.... and tenzo wheels are not light. god i hope you get banned soon. :fr:
endself.gif

Originally posted by E_SolSi+May 2 2003, 01:39 AM-->
ForceFedSol
@May 2 2003, 02:08 AM
<_<

RESPECT!

and what tenzos might those be????
im sorry but tenzo makes some heavy ass rims
their 17s are all in the 20+lb area

got to him before i did :spin: .

Originally posted by kylemarhx+May 2 2003, 01:40 AM-->
ForceFedSol
@May 2 2003, 01:08 AM
<_<

Depending on how big you want to go, Tenzo R's are pretty light.  i have 18" wheels on my car and they weigh about 16-17lbs. and thats good for a 18" wheel.

RESPECT!

OMG, you're fuckin' pathetic. peep the last thread you posted on ( https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...=0&#entry107161 ) ... if you were a "serious tuner" you wouldnt' have 22lb 18's on your fuckin' sol.... and tenzo wheels are not light. god i hope you get banned soon. :fr:
endself.gif

:lol:

whats with the respect thing too? its at the end of every on of your posts..

Originally posted by Blanco@May 2 2003, 01:22 AM
Not really. 15x6 works really well with 205/50/15, and is perfect for 195/50/15. The older SE-R came stock with 205/50/15 tires on 15x6 rims.

Ok, that makes sense. I have 205/50/15's on my 15x7's, so that would make the same sized footprint with less weight...yes?

Well, 15x6 will weigh less than 15x7 with the same tire, because you have less material in the wheel.

:lol:

But yeah, the footprints will be similar with the same tire, but the 15x7 might be a little wider if your tire requires the wider wheel for the tread to sit flatter on the ground. With the amount of sidewall that a 205/50 has though, there's really not that much difference. It flexes enough to make up for the difference in wheel size. I think 15x6.5 is actually the ideal wheel size for a 205/50/15 tire, but if OEMs are shipping their cars with 205/50/15 on 15x6, I think I'll be fine.

:thumbsup:

You want light go with some SSR's, Advan's, Circle Racing's or Volks 8lb's per rim is pretty good. Also the Racing Hart CP-035's are good wheels.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@May 2 2003, 09:47 AM
you guys just wait for someone to say they have anything but 15s so you can flip out and be badass. :rolleyes:

i have 16x7 rota C8's, flame away :D

Back