rpm nidle jumping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 91 integra with a jdm b16 in it and last night i was driving on the parkway and when i looked at my tachometer i seen it jumping.it didnt have any effect on the way the car was driving. what can make that happen :hmm:

ive had that happen plenty of times...i can recally driving down rt 46 and having that happen...check all the vacume lines and even check your sensors...i had a sensor fall out once and the idle bounced

He said it didnt effect the way his car ran, so it has to be Electronic correct? If not then Im lost, sorry if I confused everyone

Almost garaunteed that it is one of your ignitor conections inside the distributor. Rip the cap of the distro and check all the connections.

Originally posted by possessedimports@Sep 13 2003, 07:21 PM
i have a 91 integra with a jdm b16 in it and last night i was driving on the parkway and when i looked at my tachometer i seen it jumping.it didnt have any effect on the way the car was driving. what can make that happen :hmm:

The same thing happened to me, i replaced the igniter in my distributor and the problem was fixed.

where s that and yesturday i was on the highway and i seen it jumping again. it starts around 3500 and stops 4500.

Back