1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

running pins

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Bobby17772, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Bobby17772

Bobby17772 New Member

I can't find anything that says how to exactly run an ecu pin. like do you solder it into the plugs that go into the ecu or what? any help would be great, thanks!

2. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

What I did was get a spare ecu connector from the junk yard and use the pins from that. On the bottom side of the connector is a little snap on hatch that can be pried open. From there, the pins are more or less an interference fit into the connector.

3. pooksy64

pooksy64 RidetilldeathdousparT

4. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

This is the easiest way for sure. And using a jeweler's flat head screw driver (or something small like that) works to push them in place too.

5. Bobby17772

Bobby17772 New Member

that's a good idea, I honestly wouldn't have thought of something like that. now to grab an ecu plug

6. boostin4fun

boostin4fun Boosted ls/vtec ohh yeah!

Agreed. The pins are real bitch to get out sometimes. Once you have it out though they slide in and lock real easily. I had a spare connector and got tired of trying to release the clip so I cut it open and removed it easily without damage. Thats an option if you cant get them out without damaging them.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted