1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rusty cylinder walls!!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 916em1, Jan 2, 2013.

1. 916em1

916em1 New Member

So my buddy picked up a fully rebuilt lsvtec from a friend. The guy rebuilt it more then a year ago and never ran it. Instead he left it in his shed without any spark plugs. My buddy took the head and gave me the complete short block which has all new parts and rusty cylinder walls. Is there any way I still could use this block? Cylinders 2 & 3 are the ones with the most damage.

Attached Files:

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

you can TRY to have that honed... but if it doesn't hone out it will need to be bored.

3. 916em1

916em1 New Member

Well i oiled it up in motor oil for the night and took some 800 sand paper to the major rust spots. Next im gonna hone it, hopefully i could salvage it. If not i have a spare b18b i picked up a while ago. Not sure of its Condition though.

4. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

A good hone will clean that up

5. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

i don't advise that. you really need to use a hone to atleast keep it in round. and remember if you can catch it with your fingernail you will certainly catch it with a ring.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted