1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S14 240sx swap info

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by smooth_criminal, Mar 13, 2006.

1. smooth_criminal

smooth_criminal Senior Member

OK so my buddy is swapping a sr20det into his s14 (instead of being a real man and building/boosting his ka) Anyway can anyone point me to a site with good infor about what needed for the swap, and mostly i'm looking for wiring info.

2. doug810

doug810 Junior Member

This guide is clear as daylight but is for the s13 redtop into s13 chassis.
    http://www.frsport.com/sr20det-swap-engine...sr20-p-665.html

3. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

so how does that make him not a real man? He's putting a stock motor into the car. Is somebody who puts a b16 into an eg not a real man? the fact of the matter is, the KA sucks ass. It takes more to build it up to the point of where a good sr runs. there are tons of reasons why the sr is a top choice for motors to put into a nissan.

4. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

the fact of the matter is people are too fuckin lazy to type

www.google.com

5. VTECPOWER

VTECPOWER Senior Member

6. Smonkeyboy

Smonkeyboy Senior Member

www.enjukuracing.com

lots o parts for the swap, including OEM nissan goodies, like accessory belts, gasket kits, water pumps, power steering lines.

7. NissanNiNjA2nd

NissanNiNjA2nd Senior Member

8. smooth_criminal

Well first of all, I've searched everything and everywere goole blowns nuts, It's not like i'm a fucking noob so get off my sack. Second for the $2500 he spent on this SR swap we could have built he shit out of the KA to eat the SR all day.

9. mikeislord

mikeislord Senior Member

KA-t is very quick, but the pricing to do it right comes out slightly less than an sr20det swap. There are some companies that sell rebuilt KA-t's with better internals for about 2500, so you can really go either way.

10. smooth_criminal

yeah he already bought the SR, My personal out look on it is, I would rather have kept the KA and fully built it rather then buy a swap that you have no clue how it waas treated in the original application. I took this same route when i blew my LS, I was either going to buy a GSR and a new turbo set up or build my ls so i could max my current turbo out. So i took the money and fully built my LS from the oilpan to valve cover and it's a now only has 600 miles on it and were turning the boosted up to 18-20 in 3 weeks.

11. ScrapinSi

ScrapinSi Senior Member

Wait... Spend $2500 to have an SR Swap... Or spend the same, if not MORE, putting together a KA-T setup, with weaker internals?

If you want simple, reliability, fun power... SR Swap... HANDS DOWN.

12. Smonkeyboy

Smonkeyboy Senior Member

:werd: [​IMG]

do the math, and you will be blown away with how narrow of a powerband you will have with a KA-T, and how rediculous the piston speeds get. its quite funny.

IMO
    RB>SR>CA>KA
    end o story

13. SixtySecondAssassin

SixtySecondAssassin Senior Member

14. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

15. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Say what you want about the benefits of KAT . . . just realize that talking about an SR and driving one are 2 very different things.

Anybody who owns an SR will tell you - its a great daily driver and swallows a ton of boost (aka making loads of pwr . . . just ask EP3 & EG project :p ).

:werd:

SR swaps with BPU upgrades make reliable 13second cars. . . . for uber cheep.

16. ScrapinSi

ScrapinSi Senior Member

Yup... My buddy has an SR swapped S13 with BPU's... Beats the living snot out of... the car sees more WOT time then it does idle time... The only problem he has had was he thought he had a bad coilpack, but it was water in a cylinder from washing the engine.

The car just keeps on going.. Oh yeah... He has a REALLY REALLY slow tranny leak, but like its not even bad enough to drop the tranny to fix it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted