1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad Sad Day

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by freak86, Aug 14, 2008.

1. freak86

freak86 New Member

The first day of my "vacation":
    First accident ever. Someone hit their brakes as I was looking right to move over. Looked back, and I knew I was going to hit her. Glad I was wearing my seatbelt, because I hit that hard. And if I wasn't, it would have been my face on the stearing wheel. I'm going to fix it. And on a positive note, I now have a reason to "upgrade" certain body parts.

Attached Files:

2. JermBizzle

JermBizzle Active Member VIP

Shew man I hate to see that, hate to see a clean crx go down like that. Glad you are upgrading her though! SiR parts??

3. Aleaf.CRX

Aleaf.CRX Hates Cunts!

OMG NO!!!! Not another one! :(

4. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

Insurance isn't going to total that out?

5. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

holy shit, what kind of truck was she driving?

6. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

unsurance will most def. total that out,especially with how old of a car that is

whats up with the crex killers lately?!?

7. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

he probably doesn't have full coverage on a car that old, so his insurance company isn't going to total it out

looks like an easy fix to me

8. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

Sorry to hear that bro, but it looks like with some work you can get her back to looking new! Good luck with everything.

1 person likes this.
  9. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

i carry full coverage on my rex. it's so damn cheap because the car is so old. OP, suck. i'll drive extra careful tonight because of your thread. :(

10. Slow&Delirious

Slow&Delirious isn't fast or furious

tought loss, both my cars were wrecked. i wrecked th civic myself & bought the del sol wrecked

yours looks like a simple fix

11. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

it may look that way, but if it was even a slightly off-center hit, the whole car is tweaked. I'd put it on a frame rack before you spend a dime to see how wacked it is.

12. Aleaf.CRX

Aleaf.CRX Hates Cunts!

Even from the side and shit, or just from the front?

13. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

any hit the car takes should be put on a machine

14. George777

Sometimes I hit my car when it's being bad...

15. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

i have a happy foster home for your rex, george. :drool:

16. freak86

freak86 New Member

1. I hit a taurus. lol. I think what really did it is that the car is already low(stock height), but I also hit the brakes which brought the front end down a little lower. The taurus hit the top of my bumper, as I can see scrapes across the top of my bumper, which leads me to beleive that I went under her bumper, therefor leaving everything else to absorb the damage more than it would have if the bumper would have hit her bumper. I think the engine ultimately stopped it, because the hood is shoved flat all the way onto it. Her bumper is all that was damaged, and it wasn't looking horible. It had two cracks, and scraping on it. Kind of depressing.
    2. I only have liability insurance, so my insurance won't cover anything and therefor I don't have to file a claim. However, my insurance is going to pay her. But since I am at fault, I don't collect from her insurance. Hence the reason why I have to pay for everything.
    3. To check the frame... I want to have that done, but I can't drive it in it's current condition. I don't want to have it towed all over town. It did roll home(pulled by a truck and chains, and pushed) fine, but would I be correct in assuming that the frame could still be damaged, and there may be reasons that I should still be concerned? Also, how much does that usually cost?

I'm not a body fab kind of person. This will be a first venture into this area. The only thing I think I might run into complications/hassle is bending all the radiator/headlight supports back. I THINK I can do everything else fairly confidently. I already have a radiator. I'm going to get a carbon fiber hood. Not sure if I'm going to go stock on the headlights. The fenders....Not sure if I want carbon fiber or fiberglass. And I don't know yet if my bumper is salvagable. The a/c condenser needed to come out anyway, as I don't have a/c anymore since the swap. Hopefully, there is nothing else that I'm going to have to replace:unsure:
    I haven't even messed with it yet. The day after the accident I had to have my backup car towed because the starter went out, so I'm going to fix that first. lol.
    Haha. And you know you love your car when that's all you can think about right after and forever after:disgust1:. And not the pain in your chest from the seatbelt, or the $130 fine from the police, or the pain in the days following, or anything else.

A word of advice to all readers:
    1. Wear your seatbelt.
    2. If you relocate your battery to your hatch, make sure you really make that shit not move for anything. I thought mine was "sufficient", but it was not, and ripped right out of the cables that were more attatched to the car and the system I had to hold it, and flew into the passenger seat. So yeah. Lesson learned.
    3. Don't store your tools and jack/jackstands, etc.. in your hatch. Even for a day. I had done fluid changes and such the day before and hadn't cleared it out. All that shit came forward through the storage door, and into my seats. Two small slits in my seat came about, as well as one of my small toolboxes landing in the passenger foot area. Again, lesson learned.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  17. George777

How fast were you going upon impact to cause everything in the car to shift that much?

18. George777

My Rex is the car that behaves well. Mechanically, it's smooth as glass. Cosmetically, it looks like a 15 year old pubescent teenage girl--it's got some issues, but you still find potential in it.

19. oneofakinduserid

oneofakinduserid Eh?

that sucks.. but at least you have a valid excuse for some upgrades!

20. Spo0led

Spo0led Got Boost?

yea when i brought my red it was kinda like that not as worst.. but if u didn't have the money for upgrades i'd say a trip to the junkyard and about 300-400 bucks have her new.. well not including paint but its not dat bad..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted