Sad Sad Day

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its probably toast dude. if you slid far enough back to hit the block, something got bent.

part it and scrap it.

i don't think i'd scrap it
bend the rad support back with a chain and truck/tree
throw the rad in, prob needs a new fan too
headlights and hood

even if the car is tweaked a little it can still be a DD/commuter car
you might not want to sink a bunch of money into it but its salvagable
i put my probe back together after i put the drivers side wheel through the firewall
one of my integras the passenger wheel was bent about 2 inches back compared to the drivers but it steered fine and served as a DD for over a year (previous owner hit a covert pipe)

^^^^
You don't even want to know what happened to the Probe some dumbass kid was driving, that I happened to be in......

How fast were you going upon impact to cause everything in the car to shift that much?
I estimate I was going about 25 when I hit. And part of the hood is against the head, but I don't think anything is against the block. And I really don't think anything is wrong with the engine. The only thing I'm concerned about with the engine is that if it hit hard enough to get the mounts to bend the metal body mounts. I'm pretty sure the engine was running fine, though I turned it off immediately after the accident to prevent future problems, and I can't really remember. I couldn't start it after as the battery ripped off the terminal, etc..so I couldn't make sure. But I'm 95 percent sure the engine itself is fine.
I'm not concerned about buying a new hood, fender(s) or headlights. I already have a new radiator. I am concerned about more important things that are bent, or that might be bent.What kind of things should I be concerned about, or look for damage on(frame wise) from this kind of accident?

Last edited:
its easy that the frame could be twisted and you wont be able to see anything,,but basically lookfor rips in the metal,creases,the easiest spots to tell would be in corners,like where cross members meet,
you can also mesure lengths..from one point on the front to a point on the rear(underneath the car)

its easy that the frame could be twisted and you wont be able to see anything,,but basically lookfor rips in the metal,creases,the easiest spots to tell would be in corners,like where cross members meet,
you can also mesure lengths..from one point on the front to a point on the rear(underneath the car)

:werd: 'X' it out, go from a couple points. From say a hood hinge bolt, to a headlight bolt, then the same on the other side.

i put mine up on 4 jacks and it was pretty clear; it only ever touched 3 jacks at a time by a good 3-4 inches. the thing was definitely sprung. :shrug2:

just go to the junk yard and pull the radiator support and the headlight support that would be you best bet and get that battery hooked back up to see if the car even runs. if it was running when you hit then the motor is gonna run fine my friend flipped his hatch and we turned it back over it ran fine it just smoked for a little bit because of the oil and gas mixture.

Back