1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safe or not safe

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by 95civicjdmgsr, Sep 1, 2006.

1. 95civicjdmgsr

95civicjdmgsr Pro Ticket Receiver

:huh: Will I be safe running the B18C in my Civic without the a/c bracket/mount and the front tranny mount??? Sorry its a newbie "?"

2. civicclutchh22

civicclutchh22 CivicClutchH22

You will be safe for now but if you shift fast then you will hear the engine shifting around.

3. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

What? No, don't listen to this douchebag. If you have hasport mounts you'll be ok, but if you're using stock mounts you need all 5 mounts. Without the front lower mounts your motor will move around too much, and you risk breaking things such as sensors, axles, etc.

Don't halfass your car, do it right the first time.

4. daf

daf Junior Member

+1, youll be safe, but your engine wont. And even if you have hasport mounts, your still going to seriously put those MM though hell, and wont last as long as if you had all your mounts. Your car will also jerk funky too. My merc had 2 MM at when I got it, and it was gut renching driving it to Mech to fix (it was a 77 240D, im not rich).

5. 95civicjdmgsr

Does anyone have any idea where i can locate the front tranny mount and the a/c bracket/mount, our salvage yards around here are gay and none of them will sell them to me. Thats whats pissin me off with this. Thanks James

6. daf

daf Junior Member

Are you talking about on your car? If so, they are basicly right across from each other. They are the front 2 MM on the lower part of your engine bay.

7. girls_are_mean

girls_are_mean New Member

I bought just a b18c motor and trans, not a whole front clip and i found the 2 (the back trans mount, the right front trans mount) of the mounts i needed on ebay. if that helps. I've seen the ac bracket on there recently.

8. 95civicjdmgsr

i have located both brackets off a friend who just wrecked his car thanks for the info, James

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted