SAKE.........

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Airjockie@Sep 14 2005, 03:13 PM
Fresh you...

ohh do you have the datsun book at yer abode?
[post=554489]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, actually I do. I was referencing my personal library last night for my Civic books and found it on my shelf. Good keeping for ya :)

I'll bring it up Saturday and ruin the day.

I fear de sec bottle...bedtime... :( got work tonight :angry:

As far as sake pricing goes, it can be anywhere from cheap ($4.00 Gekkeikan) per bottle to moderately priced ($35 Shinriki sacred Chikara sake) at most liquor stores or stores with a liquor isle. Bear in mind that different types of sake are best served cold, whereas others are best served warm. If you check your local Japanese resturants you will find that they often have a sake sampler set, where you will be able to taste five different types of sake (in shot glasses) for a relatively reasonable price. Upper scale japanese resturants will also (at least in california) have the insanely expensive sake (like $29 for just a cup).

However, lots of people say that certain booze keeps you warm in the winter - Nothing warms you up like Saki.

I actually had my first bottle just yesterday and i agree with this statement 100%. It made me so damn hot after i drank it. I had to take my shirt off just sitting around in my apartment.

lol sake...first thing I've ever been drunk off of. didn't have any of those crazy wooden boxes so I ended up using a coffee cup.

When I went out to california we went to this sake store...supposedly the largest in the state. over 150 different types of sake. some of the prices were outrageous.

as mentioned, sake is like wine. the japanese drink it so often they sometimes call it "tea." that some bomb ass tea.

anyway, yeah sake does make you all warm and toasty. kinda like sex.

for those who like sweet liquor you should try some of the plum wine. that is also very good. its thick and somewhat camarel-ish. just imagining getting drunk off peach nector. :lol:

What the alcohol proof on this Sake?

Isn't Sake actually rice-beer, not rice-wine? I was told that by the top chef at school. Since it's a fermented grain, not a fruit. I wanna go get me a bottle now.

the alochol proof is relatively similar to wine. It ranges really but the ones Ive had are around 6-7 percent to 15 ish.

not to sure if its really wine or beer, but its been catagorized as wine and spirits. i mean barely and potatoes and other stuff are used in hard liqour so who knows. its like cucumbers are really fruit, but who g.a.s.?

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Sep 17 2005, 03:12 PM
who g.a.s.?

A culinary executive at my school, but they are so anal about all that shit. I don't really care, I just want some.

Back