saturns attempt at a sports car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think it would look better if it had dual exhaust.

as the Cavalier was to the camaro, the sky and soltice will be for the next corvette..... a cheap version of the original...

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Jul 27 2005, 10:47 PM
as the Cavalier was to the camaro, the sky and soltice will be for the next corvette..... a cheap version of the original...
[post=532194]Quoted post[/post]​

That is way up there on my "Top 100 dumbest things I've ever read" list.

You can't compare sports cars to econoboxes.

Originally posted by phyregod+Jul 28 2005, 11:57 AM-->
NissanNiNjA2nd
@Jul 27 2005, 10:47 PM

[post=532350]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:
That doesnt even make sense.

Originally posted by phyregod+Jul 28 2005, 11:57 AM-->
NissanNiNjA2nd
@Jul 27 2005, 10:47 PM

You can't compare sports cars to econoboxes.
[post=532350]Quoted post[/post]​

Since we're being blunt:

That was the dumbest thing I've ever read :)

Nissanninja is right.

Econoboxes ? no no no.. The Cavalier, Camaro and Corvette are put on the market to be the same thing to different markets.

Repeat after me: In the eyes of GM, a Corvette, Camaro and Cavalier are the same thing.

Just meant for different markets. First off, I would like to route the Cavalier right out. Since 1993 the Cavalier has been a Toyota. In japan, Australia and pacific markets they are called Toyota Cavaliers. With that out of the way, The Camaro to the Corvette: IT's all about market. You can't sell a Corvette to a younger, and frankly, broker market. So the Camaro fills that niche quite well.

Same car, Different markets. Now, with all of THAT out of the way, the whole thing is moot. The Sky and Solstice are the SAME car. They are what's called a "Rebadge". Say it with me kids, "REE BAJ". They will be intended to be the Corvette of a market that can't afford Corvettes. And thus, GM has covered its bases.

With the F body gone, they need something new to fill that niche, and these cars may be what they are looking for.

->Steve
I know I'm gonna get some flames with this one. So go ahead - Lemme have it.

Flame #1..

You must not read alot. Go to superhonda.com. every 3rd post will be the dumbest thing you ever read.

Flame #2
YES, the camaro is a cheap corvette! absolutely!
The Cavalier is NOT a cheap camaro. Not even close. its a friggin economy car. That sucks balls, btw.

Besides, camaros suck balls too.

um, I suppose thats all the flamage for now.

There are holistic and natural ways to relax and lower stress. Try some soothing music, candle light - Even some tea before you go to bed. Starting an aquarium has also been known to work.

Not every post is a personal attack, That's what the emoticons are for.

Good night, Sleep tight.

-> Dr Cel

Ever been walked all over by a Camaro in your CRX? That's surprising. Have you ever raced one?

Just because the Camaro's not a featherweight FWD econobox, don't be ragging on it. It has its niches.

Originally posted by phyregod@Jul 28 2005, 11:06 PM
Flame #2
YES, the camaro is a cheap corvette! absolutely!
The Cavalier is NOT a cheap camaro. Not even close. its a friggin economy car. That sucks balls, btw.
[post=532669]Quoted post[/post]​

look at the way the camaro and cavalier look for the same years ...... try to tell me that isnt the same car.... go ahead try.... you will just look like you have your head farther up your ass than it might actually be

the layout of the car is the same, how ever the difference of fwd lightweight and rwd monster.... its still the same thing....

001888-E.jpg

001897-E.jpg

its just what it is..... get over it

OH, you had me at that one.

The Camaro and Cavalier are completely different cars . Now I must seperate from you on this - HOWEVER, I'll rejoin you in a sec.

What I believe the "pro-likeness" people are getting at is, Auto engineers are so closely following trends - Regardless if they are good trends or not - The cars are paying the price because they look just like every goddam thing else.

Lets look at the Supra for instance. Remember when it came out in the 4th gen with that huge wing, and the huge headlights ? Well, every other sporty car HAD to borrow a line from the book and make their wings bigger, their headlights bigger, and smooth the body lines more than ever. It's trends. And the Cavalier and Camaro are linked by trendy body details.

Then there are cars that ARE the same. Firebird / Camaro. Rebadges, with mild differences.

Then there are cars that are the same in purpose, performance and neither has any value over the other - Think Beretta / Cavalier.

Then there are cars that appeal to different markets, but have VERY similar bodies. Altima / Maxima. God, come to think of it, Nissan is famous for this. remember Sentra / Stanzas ?Sheesh.

-> Steve

I used to love the camaro, untill I owned one. Those things literally FALL APART. every generation is plagued with shitty window mechanisms. Everything rattles, its snap-together plastic interior squeeks.

Its a DAMN good idea in what would be a DAMN good car if chevrolet would stop cutting corners and making everything out of cheap shit. that goes for their entire lineup.

Yes, I have stomped camaro ass.
Yes, I have had my ass stomped by a camaro.

They still suck.

I'm gonna go get some candles and find my inner chi.

A coworker of mine drives a Camaro. He's a drag racer, and has a built...ummm.....well, it's an old GM product. Who cares what it is.

But anyway, his newer Camaro....yeah, he had a flat tire last night, because the chrome on his wheels is deteriorating, and the bead pretty much disintegrated. Score another one for GM!

My neighbor had a 98 Z28. Hauled some serious ass.

I love Camaros. Seriously. The 94 I almost bought was and ok car, But the car wasn't much more than my Supra at the time.

-> Steve

my 73 Formulas, however, have been the bomb in my big, beautiful Balloon.

ever notice how all through the 90s and early 2000's that all GM interiors were the same? like radios and shit? bleh

i like the new platform. its got me thinkin. IB sells sleeved blocks for GM ecotec stuff. and whole bottom ends. actually, so do alot of people. and chevy parts are cheap. i'd much rather havea RWD 400hp turbo car, then a FWD 400hp car. even if the RWD is 500lbs heavier then the FWD. i'd rock one. i'm actually thinkin about it. i'd just feel almost gay. like i would drivin a miata

Originally posted by nismogod@Aug 5 2005, 03:45 PM
i'd much rather havea RWD 400hp turbo car, then a FWD 400hp car. even if the RWD is 500lbs heavier then the FWD. i'd rock one.
[post=536313]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

That's why I bought what I bought. I'm actually a little surprised that GM didn't squeeze more out of that 2.4L block. I hope it runs on regular gas. Hell, it barely makes any more torque than the S2k! Given the specs on the Kappa platform cars and the price they're going to be introduced at, I think it will sell very well. If I had to buy one, I'd probably be happy with it. Let's just hope that the interior build quality makes a big jump like the C6 did.

Back