sc61 turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mozzandherb

I know I'm lazy and could do some research, but it's late and just had one simple question. I've been hearing that the sc61 is a good choice for turboing an h22, now the question...what is a sc61? :ph34r: I have no idea and I know someone here knows, so thanks. Also one more question. Darton sleeves are they any good? I was talking to someone and they said they could get some dartons for like $70 is that about right for a sleeve? If this is in the wrong forum sorry, just wanted some quick feedback. Thanks

SC61 is a garrett hybrid turbo made by Precision engine and engineering. Its a really good turbo from there line but as far as it being a good choice for a H22?? I wouldn't say so. Not bad but definately not the best either. The SC61 is rather large and spool speed is about 4700-5000 RPMS. Thats the same turbo i use on the Talon thats in my signature but unless you have some good headwork, i would suggest starting with something just a bit smaller. If not im sure you will like the SC61 although its a bit laggy.

yeah, it is rather large, but the turbo will hit about the time you hit VTEC, so for that 3,000 RPMs youll be flyin :)

the h22 will turn the sc61 a lot faster than a low compression, shitty VE 4g63 does...

dartons are good. but they sure as fuck aren't 70 bucks.
and if they are, they definitly aren't installed...

Back