1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sc61 turbo?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by mozzandherb, Dec 29, 2005.

1. mozzandherb

mozzandherb Senior Member

I know I'm lazy and could do some research, but it's late and just had one simple question. I've been hearing that the sc61 is a good choice for turboing an h22, now the question...what is a sc61? :ph34r: I have no idea and I know someone here knows, so thanks. Also one more question. Darton sleeves are they any good? I was talking to someone and they said they could get some dartons for like $70 is that about right for a sleeve? If this is in the wrong forum sorry, just wanted some quick feedback. Thanks

2. MXDesa

MXDesa Senior Member

SC61 is a garrett hybrid turbo made by Precision engine and engineering. Its a really good turbo from there line but as far as it being a good choice for a H22?? I wouldn't say so. Not bad but definately not the best either. The SC61 is rather large and spool speed is about 4700-5000 RPMS. Thats the same turbo i use on the Talon thats in my signature but unless you have some good headwork, i would suggest starting with something just a bit smaller. If not im sure you will like the SC61 although its a bit laggy.

3. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

yeah, it is rather large, but the turbo will hit about the time you hit VTEC, so for that 3,000 RPMs youll be flyin :)

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

the h22 will turn the sc61 a lot faster than a low compression, shitty VE 4g63 does...

dartons are good. but they sure as fuck aren't 70 bucks.
    and if they are, they definitly aren't installed...

5. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

installed on an H22, dartons are about 1000 bucks.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted