security chip

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PHOBIA

ok heres the deal, a lot of cars in my area are getting stolen and im afraid im next.i got a lot of shady people asking me questions and didnt even think about it until now.i used to own a 94 civic and when i got the car it had a security chip.it think it cut off power to the ignition,it was under the steering weel and to the right under the dash but still visible.when you would take it out the car wouldnt start.when it was in place all was good.i need another one and i was wondering if any one knows how much they cost/were to get them installed.it was great when i had it but i never used it because the car was stock.however my 91 hb si has a lot of money put into it and im not about to let some one take that away from me.please give me a little feed back...

If it were me, I'd be just a little more sneaky. I won't tell you what I've done to my car, but I do have one more idea stowed away.

Let the car crank, fuck it. It's a lot harder to figure out why a car won't start, while making all that cranking noise, and snooping around, than to jump the starter wire. Any backyard mofo can jump the solenoid in 2.2 seconds. The starter is right on top.

Most people will run a fuel cutoff switch. This is a good idea. You could do that. Or, you could put the power feed for the coil on a switch. You could also put the 10 amp power source for the ECU on a switch. Cranking isn't dependent upon the ECU.

Whatever you do, keep it simple, but hidden well.

Ooh, here's a fucked up idea that just came to me. That lock where you usually lock the trunk, you could use that as a second key switch. A simple contact switch would work. Lock the trunk, the car won't start. Unlock the trunk, the car starts.

Several useless ideas for you to ponder. Good luck.

well i did try something simple i took out the starter signal fuse as a quick fix.but i got a problem my car started with out the fuse in...i was thinking about the fuel cut off but i dont know how to go about doing that.

Originally posted by PHOBIA@Jul 13 2004, 09:57 PM
well i did try something simple i took out the starter signal fuse as a quick fix.but i got a problem my car started with out the fuse in...i was thinking about the fuel cut off but i dont know how to go about doing that.

You simply find the fuel pump wire, and put a physical break in it somewhere along the line. Put a switch at that point, and the switch will bridge that physical gap in the "on" position. Hide it well, and don't tell anyone where it is. I would chose a spot that is not hard for you to reach, but cannot be seen from any angle. For example(and I'm not sure if this would even work for you), on the bottom side of your console plastic in the gap where your E-brake is. Pull your E-brake up, and reach through the hole where the handle was. I'm not familiar with your car, but you can figure something out.
I'm paranoid. I wired up my own alarm because I didn't even want an installer to know where all my shit was. At every step along the way, I made my alarm components and wires very hard to find. Again, almost impossible to find. :lol: I have two sirens, and you can't see either one from any angle of the car. I didn't tap the important wires at the easiest point like a regular installer would. I went way up in the dash to tap in. Oops, I started to give away secrets. :oops:

Try this. I think it may be what your looking for. The Ford dealer around here uses them on their cars on the lot. From what im told, they are impossible to bypass. It makes sence too, how in the world would you ever figure out that configuration.
Click Here

Originally posted by 93Fury@Jul 23 2004, 11:27 AM
Try this. I think it may be what your looking for. The Ford dealer around here uses them on their cars on the lot. From what im told, they are impossible to bypass. It makes sence too, how in the world would you ever figure out that configuration.
Click Here
[post=367306]Quoted post[/post]​

My ex had something similar on her Saturn.

I could still wire my way around all that in a Honda, but it'd take a while. That's the only point I try to make. Make your car harder to steal or rip off than the guy across the street. I feel sorry for Joe, but at least I still have all my shit.

Maybe its just me, but that ravleco thing seems like a Great idea. I don't think it would be very hard to make it work (DIY) either. I know from experince that wiring something to the ecu (even with a manual telling you whats what) can often take alot of time. All you'd have to do is take 8 or so wires from the ecu that are required to start the car (distributor wires, starter, fuel injectors, fuel pump, etc.) and run them to a terminal. Scrable them up with your little plug thingy so they all come out in the wrong place. Wiring up *only* 8 wires all in right place seems easy, but there are *a lot* of combinations. Mostly becuase they would ALL have to be right at the same time, It could take all day. Especially if you change all the wire colors... Make them all red, LOL. Actually that seems like a GREAT idea.

This is also a very good idea I saw, you could easily do this though. I think I might too.
http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_0059/article.html

HTH

I fully agree. Anything to make the car harder to steal helps. Another cheap trick would be to use a momentary switch in line with your starter. That way you'd have to depress the switch and turn the key at the same time. Of course, someone could just jump the solenoid, but they'd have to figure out what in the fuck is going wrong first.

Back