see if you can figure it out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

ok this isint dumb its kinda fun and not really pointless. thers gota be a formula for this? i am thinking now, but i know theres gota be some math wiz's here so shoot your answers or thought. please stick to the topic and think hard cause it aint easy if your not fairly smart

car (A.) weight 2000 LBs 200hp 150 lb/ft 13 seconds even 1/4

car (B.) weight 2500 LBs 200hp 150 lb/ft ?? seconds ???? 1/4

whats the formula to figure this out? :hmm:

i know this wouldint be 100% for doing this with real cars because of other issues such as traction and aerodynamics but its a good way to get an idea. once you have the formula it can be rifined to specific car weights. :hmm:

But you have the acceleration factor though... Heavier car, slower acceleration.

They say for every 100 lbs you take off its .2 seconds in the 1/4. So 14, if all variables remain the same.

thats cool way of looking at it Nojoke. mali i pointed out befor that there were other factors that would keep this from beeing a super accurate way of way of looking at things, the best way would be to go to the drag strip and get it timed.

100lbs of NON ROTATIONAL mass = .1 sec 1/4 mile

1/10th sec off your 60 foot time = .2 sec 1/4 mile time faster

10lbs of ROTATIONAL Mass = Approximately .3-.5 sec 1/4 mile time

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 3 2003, 10:02 PM
sorry ima dropout...what does this symbol mean "^"

exponent (power of)... in this case, since it's ^(1/3).. it's actually the cube root

holy shit i only made it to geometry and i failed that, uh good work guys on the calculations....

so accordiong to that i should be able to run 14.16206643, but yet my best was 16.012. something tells me i need to learn how to drive :ph34r:

well the math doesnt cover over traction, different gear ratios, wind residence or a number of other things.

Back