see if you can figure it out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by highperboi@Dec 3 2003, 10:44 PM
well the math doesnt cover over traction, different gear ratios, wind residence or a number of other things.

:werd:

however, if wind took up residence in your car.. you would be pissed...

aperantly i have about 156 HP

Your Pimp Mobile weighs about 2781 pounds and can complete a 1/4 mile in about 15.2 seconds. That means that you've got about 156.52 HP at the wheels, and about 203.47 HP at the flywheel.
I just made up that 1/4 mile time... idont have an actual one. i think that 15.2 is the stock quarter mile time.

now that one tells me 15.02, which is a little more reasonable. i might be able to hit that if, again, i knew how to drive.

speaking of, i went to the track tonite, and thier fucking closed. that pissed me off, 45 minutes 1 way to get there and they're fucking closed. assholes! :D

Originally posted by 90 accord@Dec 4 2003, 01:28 AM
now that one tells me 15.02, which is a little more reasonable. i might be able to hit that if, again, i knew how to drive.

speaking of, i went to the track tonite, and thier fucking closed. that pissed me off, 45 minutes 1 way to get there and they're fucking closed. assholes! :D

Dp you own a telephone?

gearing is a HUGE factr in all this.

you are putting in a PEAK number for power, which you hit at 1 specific rpm.

140 @ 4k
150 @ 6k
180 @ 8k

is not 180hp.

thats why simple math will never be right.

you need to step into the world of calculus- something that configurator you linked im SURE doesn't even touch.

you need to find the area under the curve- the differential - and get your average number for the gear box's range.... which is different for every gear.... and tire size... and i could go on for fucking ever.

im have a calculus exam this friday for first year engineer :(

Back