seized hood release cable on a 93 integra rs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Aahz

everytime I open my hood the damn thing wont latch for about 4 hours. after which the cable would slowely work its way back out and the hood would then latch. I (on some one elses advice) sprayed a bunch o napa brand penetrant into both ends of the cable tube and worked it back and forth and that seemed to make it worse as it has been sitting for 2 days and still hasn't worked it's way out yet so the hood still wont latch. I live in MN and it's like 20 outside so Im wondering if the penetrant seized up due to the cold????
So any suggestions on what I should use to lube this thing?? something like graphite maybe?
or am I gonna have to replace the whole sbebang???

Is the cable kinked somewhere? Try following it and look for any place it might be getting hung up. Id also inspect the latch to make sure it's functioning correctly and is adjusted properly.

Try using some wd40 or seafoam on the latch. Mine was seized up so bad you had to use pliers to pull the cable hard enough to get it unstuck...after seafoaming it, it works like new!

Quoted post[/post]]
Try using some wd40 or seafoam on the latch. Mine was seized up so bad you had to use pliers to pull the cable hard enough to get it unstuck...after seafoaming it, it works like new!

werd.

yeah look where the actual metal cable exits and hooks into the latch under your hood, like dude above said, use a penetrationg oil. to get it to close for now, pull the cable back with a set of pliers and then close the hood! :)

Back