Shifter? H22 in 92 civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

12scrx

im about to buy a JDM H22, they come with the cable trans as compared to my linkage setup on my current dx hatch, any 1 know how you setup the cable for the trans on the 92-95 body, also, how complictaed is the wireing as compared to my DX?

Originally posted by Krazy4379@Aug 21 2003, 07:30 AM
:readfaq:

Before you go "read the FAQ'ing" why don't you make sure that the info is in the FAQ.

Anyway, there are pictures on here somewhere ofthe spot that you have to modify, search around. But it is a small cut arount he existing shifters hole, nothing big, grinder or a dremel.

worthless swap imho my friend did his an gutted his eg hatch bad ass suspension drag radials an a hella driver an great track conditions was gettin smoked by my other friend with the B18C-type R JDM with similar setup both eith I/H/E an weaker suspension.....an the Type R had less money invested in it

Originally posted by Krazy4379@Aug 28 2003, 06:50 AM
worthless swap imho my friend did his an gutted his eg hatch bad ass suspension drag radials an a hella driver an great track conditions was gettin smoked by my other friend with the B18C-type R JDM with similar setup both eith I/H/E an weaker suspension.....an the Type R had less money invested in it

Well then your friend probably can't drive, or his motor was weak, because a more modded H22 in a hatch will pounce on an lightly ITR.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Aug 28 2003, 02:02 AM-->
Krazy4379
@Aug 28 2003, 06:50 AM

Well then your friend probably can't drive, or his motor was weak, because a more modded H22 in a hatch will pounce on an lightly ITR.

do you have slips to prove this?......they both had consistant 530 RT's an the best time my friend ran with the H22EG was 14.1 an the ITR EG ran 13.8's.....i can prolly get the slips from them an post em on here if u don't believe me

I have a 92 Civic hatch with a jdm h22a, I/H/E, fluidyne radiator, LSD, and drag radials. I ran a 13.6 at the track on a pair of nitto Nt-450's. My point is, it really does come down to the driver. But still it depends on your money cituation, if you can afford the type R motor, go for it, because in the long run, it will come out on top of the h22a, but i got my h22a for $1800, aside from the b18c5's price of around $4000, so it really just comes down to the money. The only problem i have is the axles, im in the process of having custom axels made for when i go to the track with my new Drag radials. they are rated for protection up to 500hp :)

Originally posted by JDM-H22-Civc-92@Aug 30 2003, 04:24 PM
I have a 92 Civic hatch with a jdm h22a, I/H/E, fluidyne radiator, LSD, and drag radials. I ran a 13.6 at the track on a pair of nitto Nt-450's. My point is, it really does come down to the driver. But still it depends on your money cituation, if you can afford the type R motor, go for it, because in the long run, it will come out on top of the h22a, but i got my h22a for $1800, aside from the b18c5's price of around $4000, so it really just comes down to the money. The only problem i have is the axles, im in the process of having custom axels made for when i go to the track with my new Drag radials. they are rated for protection up to 500hp :)

dood much respect for you.....you are one of very few people i have seen post on here that hasn't tried to start an argument or bitched at ne1......very mature thanks for your input an maturity on this discussion :thumbsup:

go to the back issues of Sport Compact CAR on the website and look in 2001, it's either october or september, they have the whole tech section dedicated to this swap- it's really informative, it has pictures and all, this is of course depending on if you're dead set on doing the swap- to be honest, all the shifter modification seems like too much trouble, besides the fact that it's a lot of weight in the front of the car that will mostly likely throw off handling unless you know how to correctly dial in the suspension for the extra weight- i agree with most others when they say that the b18c family is the route to take, it's so much easier, and the time and money you save on the b-series swap can be spent on mods for the b18c- but that's just me

and the time and money you save on the b-series swap can be spent on mods for the b18c

Save time? Yes. Save Money? Yes and no. The h22 is about 1000-1500 dollars cheaper than a b18c1. It's just the mounts needed and suspension upgrades that boost up the price. Shocks, springs, motor mounts, and even axles added up together along with the h22 should run around the same price, maybe even cheaper than the b18c1. :spin:

Back