shifter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

and it looks like real CF, but. Im still not a fan of the CF shift knobs. I had a bad ass one once though, it was metal, and the metal was made to look like wood grain almost. I dont have a pic, and the down side of it was that over time it wore off. but for the first little bit.
bad ass.

No. The bottom NRG thing screws off and it has 3 set screws under it. I must say it is well made and they stay tight unlike the cheaper knobs out there.

Those 3 screw always end up stripping and coming loose tho. Maybe yours is a bit better and it dose look like its real carbon fiber. But id rather my knob screwed on.

I hate the 3-screw setups. They WILL eventually come loose. My cousin's shifter was tight for a while, and maybe after ~5 years it finally came loose. What sucks for him though is the shifter was chopped; so he has to replace the shifter too in order to run a non-set screw one.

Yes it is real carbon fiber if that matters. I got because it stays warms up faster than metal. I cant stand having to grab a frozen shift knob. The set screws are under the nrg thing making it hard for the screws to come out due to there being no room to move. Besides, loctite is your friend.

loctite is all good for alittle bit. I ve used it before, and the knob came loose, what made it a bitch was a used loctite, so now I had to fight with stripping set screws. the knob came off and stayed off.

yeah i used to have one of those in my DA i sold it to my friend for 10 bucks and i got 1 from a DC i love it it feels very comfortable and looks good

I like these.

44_1.JPG

I have one for my accord its comfortable and looks great.

Fake C/F Sucks!

i have this one in the sol, cept mine is polished (eBay $2)

i dont see the point of a C/F knob, the goal is to make it heavier?!

Back