Shifting after 7000RPM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You were only shifting at 7200rpms? If I was test driving a GSR at some dealership it would have went like this...

Me... Hey I am looking to get a GSR

Him... We have one right here, let's go for a test drive

Me... I just learned how to drive a stick yesterday, but I am pretty good

Him... Okay just take it easy around the block

Me... Revs to 4,000 rpms and drops the clutch

Him... Woah buddy slow down!

Me... So where is the rev limiter on this thing? POP! POP! POP!...Oh there it is... shifts into 2nd...

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Feb 16 2005, 03:07 PM
You were only shifting at 7200rpms? If I was test driving a GSR at some dealership it would have went like this...

Me... Hey I am looking to get a GSR

Him... We have one right here, let's go for a test drive

Me... I just learned how to drive a stick yesterday, but I am pretty good

Him... Okay just take it easy around the block

Me... Revs to 4,000 rpms and drops the clutch

Him... Woah buddy slow down!

Me... So where is the rev limiter on this thing? POP! POP! POP!...Oh there it is... shifts into 2nd...
[post=461831]Quoted post[/post]​

This story rocks.

Yeah didnt he end up buying that car and it just got stolen... <_< ... oh yeah and IBL phuckers... :fuckyou3:

Originally posted by OldEMaltLiQuoR@Dec 13 2004, 01:46 PM
should i be worried...could this be an expensive problem?
[post=431325]Quoted post[/post]​

As with buying any used car --- Of course you should be worried...
Take it for a ride and spend the $100.00 to have it checked out
by a professional.

$100 today could save you $1,000 tomorrow

Oh yeah, almost forgot... I used to own one and just like the others are saying, that is "not" normal... Shifting around 8k should be just as smooth if not smoother than shifting at 3 or 4k

Could just be your driving too, make sure your seat is close enough for your foot to "fully" push the clutch in, do you know how to double clutch? if so you should be using that to your advantage. and you could have just missed the gear.

Originally posted by twintz@Feb 20 2005, 09:45 AM
Could just be your driving too, make sure your seat is close enough for your foot to "fully" push the clutch in, do you know how to double clutch? if so you should be using that to your advantage. and you could have just missed the gear.
[post=463419]Quoted post[/post]​

Double clutching is used in old dump trucks and shit like that for downshifting... it has nothing to do with upshifting... :roll:

Oh yeah, almost forgot... I used to own one and just like the others are saying, that is "not" normal... Shifting around 8k should be just as smooth if not smoother than shifting at 3 or 4k

hello captain tard cart...
this thread was dead...
he already bought the car...

and double clutching?
you are a fool...

Back