Shocks or Air Ride, which is better?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RoughKnight

Christmas Car
Hi, i'm brand new, and I just started my d15b build, so I was looking for some more information. Saw the site, loving the forum information. Anyways, on subject...

I was looking at the Skunk2 pro-c suspension system, about $1.1k, then I was wondering at the air ride system. Is it worth the money? Can it handle the track corners at high speeds without damage? I would think the Skunk2 to be better, but i'm curious at the pro's/con's. Let me know what you think, thanks.

Air ride is meant for one thing: show. It will handle daily driving, but any kind of racing will just break things. And, the car won't handle.

If you want your car to be able to take corners at speed, get real suspension.

well pretty much being the air ride guru here, its all in what you are gonna do with the vehicle and how much you wanna spend. i can tell you from experience that air ride ISNT cheap. you are looking at spending about $1500 just for the kit. then you gotta factor in all the little shit you need like fittings, wire, switchbox...etc. heres a complete system for the Honda Civic:

air suspension kits fbss

the best thing about air ride for most imports is that its all bolt-on so you can easily take it if you sell the car, wanna put your race suspension on for track day...whatever. its all in what YOU want.

personally i say put air ride on it. its more fun :)

Back