should i bother with a swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

c!v!c

elite crew
i've got a 95 civic lx (eg8) and the motor just blew
i've had so many fancy plans on what to do with it, all the typical bs i guess, b16a swap, ls/vtec, straight up ls swap, crvtec, the whole shebang
but everyone in my family is trying to talk me out of it saying the car isn't worth a fancy engine
i admit there's the usual problems... there's rear fender rot, there's exhaust rot, and everything is rusted on the chassis.

so my question is whether y'all think i should put any money into it, or just suck it up and wait for a new car.

a new motor would be cheaper right now, but would it last as long as, say an 02 civic? i doubt it :(

Hmm,I say,if you want to get a new car then I wouldn't worry about the car you have now,but I woudlnt put a lot of money into a motor for a car that's gonna need a lot of body work.If you like the car you have just get another stock motor and fix up the body then go for the motor.That's just my opinion.I'm taking car oll all my little dents ans rust spots before I totally rebuild my motor,then when its done,ill get it painted.Maybe you can find another one just like you have but with a better body for a good price.Good luck with whatever route you go.

i would say give up on your old one and go for something new , body work is a bitch and can be $$$$$ it would suck to put a good motor into a car then have to rebuild the body unless you r looking to have a sleeper
later

Back