should i buy this car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX_Si

backround: i have a 91 crx si in mint condition with 135,000 miles on it. when i say mint i mean everything about the car is clean and new looking. it includes every piece of trim,molding etc that it came with from the factory. it has an ebay CAI and a shortshifter w/ knob and an autometer voltage guage cleanly mounted in the dash. my friend offered me $3000 for it.

the new car: '88 crx si w/ jdm hatch front clip with dohc zc. the motor has a CAI, header, and exhaust. he wants $3000 for his

the problem: the 88 crx has some body damage. there is a sizable dent on the hood and the guy who has it now tried to shave the moldings and there is unsanded bondo all over the sides. it needs to be painted and a few dents need to be fixed. the interior was painted and looks riced out like crazy but is complete with the exception of the passenger a/c vent and the storage bins and cover. the exhaust is pure rice as well. i am thinking about offering him $2500 for it today. i need $500 to pay off my current crx. should i do it? any replys would be great thanks--david

i say keep your car, and do the stuff that YOU want to it. the other car is someone elses hassle. It sounds like the second crx nees a lot of work to get it looking favorable again...therefore I say keep your existing car and work on it from this point forward..

my opinion..keep your MINT Crx...there hard to find MINT..save up your loot and drop a B16A..fuck the ZC..then imagine how much your CRX will be worth to you..

you crx > his crx. hands down.

a good friend of mine who frequents the boards, celerity, has a near mint 1st gen crx si. it looks showroom floor new... and it has mugen cf-38s on it. :worthy:

if i ever but another crx, it will be his... it has a good amount of head work done and it eats distributors and has a few electrical gremlins...

i want the jdm front clip too. he just told me he will include a sparco wheel and some racing seats.

Originally posted by CRX_Si@Sep 29 2003, 10:01 AM
i want the jdm front clip too. he just told me he will include a sparco wheel and some racing seats.

then just buy the front clip off him. dont buy his whole car. rex's in good not to mention MINT are very hard to come by. keep your rex.

i went home and talked it over with my crx and it just stared at me with those puppy dog eyes.......couldn't give her up.

Back