Si Dash into HF wiring.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the.original.kermit

I know everything
I'm swapping in a 1989 Si dash into my 1989 HF, and one of the connectors is different. I took some pictures of it. It looks almost the same, but is a little wider.

Here's some pics

Si Dash Plug
2613615173_2ae64c74a3.jpg

HF Dash Plug (Notice, not as wide)
2613615409_553e58e8bc.jpg

2614448654_d7df45efb6.jpg

It would be great if someone could get me the wiring diagram for this, or tell me what all of the wires are. I'm going to go work on seeing if I can trace them or something.

Thanks,
Tony

j/w but why not just swap the dash its self with out the wires use the wires that you already have

Ok, not the clock. Possibly sunroof controls?

If someone could scan a page out of a manual with the wiring diagrams, that would be great. Especially since I'm color blind. Makes it a little hard to trace wires by color, lol.

I'm going to use the HF dash wires inside of the Si dash like suggested. I really can't find that much of a difference between the two, besides the lights that the Si have for the cigarette lighter and the little tray by it. Interesting is the fact that the Si dash has one less radio wire than the HF does... Not sure why and what it's for.

Still trying to find some sort of wiring diagram... maybe a torrent or something?

Last edited:
Ok, the HF wiring harness was hacked up pretty good from the previous owner. I'm trying to wire up the radio right now by splicing in the radio connector from the Si. Here's my question:

I have 1 red/black wire coming out of the Si radio harness, it splits into 4 red/black a few inches down. The HF harness has 3 red/black that go to the radio. I'm assuming that these are the speaker grounds so it's safe to combine them all, but why does the HF harness only have 3 if there are 4 speakers?

The only thing that I can think of is that the two rear speakers might have a common ground...

Back