sigh... another build thread. but this one will also end without epicness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmm, they didnt take any variables into consideration. looks like the tail wind was a little more present with the dimple car than any wind at all on the smooth car. also, at 65 mph, there is less of an impact of aerodynamics as a car going 130 mph.

hmm, they didnt take any variables into consideration. looks like the tail wind was a little more present with the dimple car than any wind at all on the smooth car. also, at 65 mph, there is less of an impact of aerodynamics as a car going 130 mph.

and this is why i hate mythbusters and there so called "science"

okay, let me know what you guys think about this. so to make the mishimoto radiator fit with the full race traction bar, i have to shave down the tabs on the bar and drill two holes into it. now, i didnt want to do this because i didnt want to compromise the structural integrity of the beam, but i had a great idea today. my family's business deals with high grade epoxies and sealants used for waterproofing large structures. well, sika makes a lightweight, super strong hard epoxy that can be injected into joints. i was thinking that after i drill the holes in the bar, to fill it up with the epoxy. it would add a few pounds, but it would also ease my mind of the strength of the beam. should i do it? or should i just sell the mishimoto and buy a full race rad that is made for the bar?

There has got to be another way to mount that thing in there without sacrificing the bar...

if i tilted it at a crazy angle it would fit but then it would be dangerously close to the header and most likely wouldnt have any room for a fan. i had toyed with the idea of trimming the circular tabs down on the bar and welding up an "S" plate so the rad could sit back further and lower. but thats going to be an assload of work that i should have done before the engine was in.

If the bar is a round tube like I think it is, drilling a couple holes isn't going to affect the integrity much at all, unless they are really large in relation to the diameter of pipe, or if there are a LOT of holes.
The epoxy will add a negligible amount of rigidity, I imagine it would help more in the event of extreme deflection, but that would be like a front end collision type situation.

I say drill it, and don't worry about it. You could always use bigass hose clamps to attach some brackets...

i guess im just going to have to make a decision once my hood and the rad stays come in. once i see how far off i am, i may just drill it. hell, i might have to cut out the skeleton of my hood to get the engine to clear so a little more trimming near the front wont hurt.

finally painted the interior. i went with a gunmetal grey instead of the night hawk black pearl because the gunmetal was cheap and it looked good haha.
DSCN1139.jpg

DSCN1147.jpg

DSCN1144.jpg

DSCN1142.jpg

haha thanks fellas and lady.i got soooo much done this weekend. i feel all accomplished. now i can just sit back drink my beer and smoke my weed.

btw, casey, you get the radiator from fedex yet? if so, everything packed alright? no bent fins in transit?

:tpp: It's coming along great. The gunmetal looks pimpin..

hahaha trailer park pimpin!

i went back to the junkyard today to pick up a brake booster off a DA and grab some brake lines off of another crx. now all i need is soft lines for the rear and the brake system is complete.

i also got all the rivets into the rear fenders and started to fish through the cabin harness. its coming along rather nicely if i do say so myself.

Back