sigh... another build thread. but this one will also end without epicness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kelso I have to say, I just sat down and went through this entire thread. Originally I had only gotten on here to look up what to do with my 04 k20a3 with a bad tranny, but after I started reading your thread it was like crack. You are truly an inspiration to me, you seem like just your average everyday Joe, with a real road racer inside fighting his way to the surface. And that's how I feel, unfortunately though I don't live next to goddamn Laguna Seca. (And speaking of which, I knew the track because of Forza, lol, so when you were driving I felt like I was sitting in the damn passenger seat.) But I go out at night down the backroads around my house in the boonies and go to what I call the Bayou George Circuit, and I dream of one day getting to do what you're doing. In fact that's what I'm going to do in literally an hour. Another thing is I don't know shit about fixing cars. My dad didn't show me, blah, blah, boohoo. But reading your article has made me realize I could do it too (another thing we have in common is the school grant exploit, lol, I have college prepaid and a check for 2500 bucks sitting in front of me that I don't need, I wonder if I could get more if I enrolled at like UTI too, hmmm...). Thank you sir, I wish you all the best in your build and life, Mooky Edited: Yeah I see what you mean about the forum setup, I had paragraphs and everything. Oh and yeah that thing with Turbo's eyes is just a slight glaze that appears on the cornea as dogs get older. I have a chihuahua and she has the same thing. Peace.

Last edited:
i just think the 205/50 sits on a 15x7 wheel better. thats what i have on my volks now and they work great.
Ya, you should have gone 225. I also have 15x7, the 225 is noticeably more grip than the 205 and sits just fine on a x7 wheel as well.

Ya, you should have gone 225. I also have 15x7, the 225 is noticeably more grip than the 205 and sits just fine on a x7 wheel as well.
ill look into that size when i need new tires, which probably wont be for a while considering the reviews of these tires

Kelso I have to say, I just sat down and went through this entire thread. Originally I had only gotten on here to look up what to do with my 04 k20a3 with a bad tranny, but after I started reading your thread it was like crack. You are truly an inspiration to me, you seem like just your average everyday Joe, with a real road racer inside fighting his way to the surface. And that's how I feel, unfortunately though I don't live next to goddamn Laguna Seca. (And speaking of which, I knew the track because of Forza, lol, so when you were driving I felt like I was sitting in the damn passenger seat.) But I go out at night down the backroads around my house in the boonies and go to what I call the Bayou George Circuit, and I dream of one day getting to do what you're doing. In fact that's what I'm going to do in literally an hour. Another thing is I don't know shit about fixing cars. My dad didn't show me, blah, blah, boohoo. But reading your article has made me realize I could do it too (another thing we have in common is the school grant exploit, lol, I have college prepaid and a check for 2500 bucks sitting in front of me that I don't need, I wonder if I could get more if I enrolled at like UTI too, hmmm...). Thank you sir, I wish you all the best in your build and life, Mooky Edited: Yeah I see what you mean about the forum setup, I had paragraphs and everything. Oh and yeah that thing with Turbo's eyes is just a slight glaze that appears on the cornea as dogs get older. I have a chihuahua and she has the same thing. Peace.

good shit man. im glad i could provide you with some motivation. if you love motorsports and catch the track day bug, not much can get in the way of what you want to do. the great thing about hondas is that the knowledge of how to do something is already intertwined into the community and posted everywhere online. i am glad i chose a honda as my first car to build from the ground up because in many cases, i would have been lost as shit without someone's diy thread of swap guides. now that i have more confidence in my skills, i want to build a more valuable car in the future.

new wheels for the rex
165517_501702806496_588076496_6544651_2815762_n.jpg

164774_501703126496_588076496_6544657_1467655_n.jpg

Meh. not digging the color. Black/red combo looked better but to each his own I suppose.

yea to tell you the truth, i liked the idea of the orange/gray better than i like it in real life. i was kind of going for this type of color scheme
2107c52451e41ce95a73dfa5ff5eaf0c.jpg

but i can always paint the wheels once they get messed up.

I think it will still look sick. Do you have any other plans for a front end swap or anything to match the dopeness of the rest of the car?

i test fit the wheels tonight. they clear the caliper and they actually look pretty good. i just wish i would have painted the cage orange now
2011-01-25_17-51-36_449.jpg

Yea, doesnt really work well with your roll cage either. Or valve cover for that matter. Jesus, you're well on your way to a rainbow car. Half way there already. You got something to tell us? Haha

Yea, doesnt really work well with your roll cage either. Or valve cover for that matter. Jesus, you're well on your way to a rainbow car. Half way there already. You got something to tell us? Haha

hey man, i just wear this yellow tank top, cut off jean shorts and army boots because i like how they look. :lol:

with the hood closed, you wont see the valve cover but the roll cage will bug me to no end. maybe ill throw a vinyl wrap over it.

Does anyone know why i cant figure how to post a new thread??? Why cant i figure out how to post pics of my civic????

i see you have already mastered the double post...

you must make a certain amount of post before you can do certain things..

someone that knows more than me will let you know.

Back