simple but annoying non the less

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

liqud

ok so i just put a newer head on my prelude same one just less miles. car will run and drive just idles funny like rpms bounce up and down in park or neutral and occasionaly dies if i come to a full stop and i have it in drive (obvioulsy not stick). some black smoke coming out of the exahust but I'm assured its just stuff burning off from the swap. and it's eating gas like a fat kid eats pies made of cake. no leaks all around. maybe sensors i think or something with the timing if any one could just give me a good place to start that would be sick.

no dice

ok its good runs fine just doesnt idle at a stop. dies can anyone help me i think the problem is electrical. any ideas? anyone?

i'm still pretty noob, & i forget exactly, but i'm thinking black smoke is either oil, or unburned fuel created carbon buildup? I want to go with the latter of the 2.

idk but to me, sounds like you need to clean your IACV

here's a good step by step: How To: Clean Your IACV - Team Integra

g'luck!

Well, inefficiently burned fuel.. same difference i guess.

Double check all of your vacuum hoses and sensor connections. Not tossing a Check engine light?

Back