skittle goes boom

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 22 2004, 12:09 AM
srt4 (aka a skittle) goes boom

http://www.srvidz.com/VIDZ/COMPS/SRT4blow.wmv

DONATIONS

SRvidz has now switched to hosting by 780inc. The change has allowed an increase in bandwith and less down time for the website. As always, we are asking for donations to help keep the site up and running. Every donation, no matter the amount, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:blink: I dint get to see it go boom...

DONATIONS

SRvidz has now switched to hosting by 780inc. The change has allowed an increase in bandwith and less down time for the website. As always, we are asking for donations to help keep the site up and running. Every donation, no matter the amount, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

server got raped.

Download and save it, you keyboard monkeys!

It says 500 HP enuff? on the back...

and running a 12.9 and blowing up is far from impressive....I beleive I said it when these pieces of shit came out "No matter how fast it is, it's still a Dodge Neon" and whether it was the people working on it that fucked it up, or the person driving...It was still a dodge engine. It's bound to blow up sooner or later, whether at 5k miles or 15k miles...It outlived my life expectancy.

So in your eyes, because a motor runs lean once or wasn't tuned properly and blows a piston, it's a piece of shit? :roll:

damn. ran a 12.9 while blowing the engine 1/2 way through. i think thats pretty damn quick.

Quick? Yes.

But it's not practical to haul a car to a track, run a 12.9 (lower if it hadn't blown up) and have to spend thousands more on it to get possible the same results.

Think at it this way : Would you take a 15-16 second car that is a daily driver, or a 12.9 second piece that blew 1/2 way through the run and will need to dump more money into? Granted, all cars are money pits if you are fixing it up...

All I am saying is that the Dodge Colt block is a far cry from the dodge Neon block.

Originally posted by Havok@May 22 2004, 10:04 PM
Quick? Yes.

But it's not practical to haul a car to a track, run a 12.9 (lower if it hadn't blown up) and have to spend thousands more on it to get possible the same results.

Think at it this way : Would you take a 15-16 second car that is a daily driver, or a 12.9 second piece that blew 1/2 way through the run and will need to dump more money into? Granted, all cars are money pits if you are fixing it up...

All I am saying is that the Dodge Colt block is a far cry from the dodge Neon block.

your argument makes no sense to me. i've seen plenty of cars blow something @ the track, that doesn't make the car's engine a piece of shit. And I'm pretty sure that car was pretty far from stock.

Originally posted by spectacle+May 22 2004, 05:16 PM-->
@May 22 2004, 10:04 PM
Quick? Yes.

your argument makes no sense to me. i've seen plenty of cars blow something @ the track, that doesn't make the car's engine a piece of shit. And I'm pretty sure that car was pretty far from stock.

I am saying strait up that the Dodge Neon is a piece of shit, no matter the model, boost or no boost. Dosen't get much clearer than that. You can get Geo's or Ford Fetivas into the 12-13's, does that make them a quality car?

12.9 is far faster than many people will ever go. Especially for blowing the engine half way through. Dodge sucks though, but the SRT-4 isn't as bad as all the rest of them.

What were they looking at in the end? :unsure:

Originally posted by revolution8k@May 22 2004, 01:16 AM
So in your eyes, because a motor runs lean once or wasn't tuned properly and blows a piston, it's a piece of shit? :roll:

What exactly is "blowing a piston"

???

it wasn't tuned at all. perhaps i should've given some background.

motor: 100% stock
clutch: stock
the only mod was a bosot controller.

put some 500/550 hp/tq to the wheels.

ran that way for about 8 mnths.

finialyl, blew up... and it was caught on tape.

lets see your honda do that.

it seems to me that other than a Honda (being HOndaswap and all) the SRT4 is the most featured car in this forum! Dodge made a winner in this car. Gve it another year or so to figure out the kinks, no other car has this HP/$ other than the awesome Corvette <------ Love that car :D

Back