Skunk2 Cams, Itr Springs...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattcalica

k, i want to use skunk2 stage 2 cams, with some itr valve springs and retainers because my friend will give them to me cheap...will this setup work? also, i wanted to use a spoon headgasket to up the cr...will i run into any piston-valve contact while running these cams?

you should use a better spring
the stock ITRs are not gunna hold up to the skunk stage 2s

:withstupid:

skunk stage1's are bigger than itr's.
stage 2's are even bigger...

you'd want to use skunk2 valve train, or better yet, portflow :)

for the headgasket just buy a oem unit and take the middle layer out, same shit but half the price. And check out the sticky cam guid I have on the top.

Milan

Skunk2 Stage 2
Int-266 dur. / 12.3mm lift
Exh-262 dur. / 11.8mm lift
Valve Springs to be used: Skunk2 preferred but Port Flow will work as well. These cams are wild enough that you should not be using the low 8200rpms rev limit.
Description: The new top dog of the cam world. This will become the most common aftermarket (non OEM) cam in the US when they start getting distributed more. These have a very similar power band as the JUN Type 3, with less cost and better reliability (I said the “r” word). Not huge midrange but very good gains from 7000rpms all the way to 9000rpms(peak is usually around 8000-8200rpms). These cams have stock idle characteristics, thus making them the ultimate street/strip cam. I recommend using Skunk2 cam gears with these cams.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 28 2003, 01:06 AM
:withstupid:

skunk stage1's are bigger than itr's.
stage 2's are even bigger...

you'd want to use skunk2 valve train, or better yet, portflow :)

i was running itr springs and retainers on skunk2 stage 1's and that was pushing it. spend the extra money and build it with the proper pieces, you run the risk of floating a valve if you dont, which = bad.

Back