Skyline GTR prototype

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I LOVE THE LOOKS...i dunno what it is about the car...maybe the small pieces of unpainted CF, but it just looks good to me.

Sorry but that thing is uglier than sin. I also heard that the Skyline coming stateside was going to have the 4.5 liter motor N/A yes N/A no Turbo. F that. Wait wait :puke:

i think its bad ass. yeah the front is a little to concept and out there but if the make the lights more horizoltal rather than vertical it would look much better but the back is whats up

From what I'm hearing - its a 3.7L Twin-turbo cosworth-built V6. Look at the test muel photos and youll notice a FMIC peeking behind the bumper. :mrgreen:

I'd rock it.

Quoted post[/post]]
From what I'm hearing - its a 3.7L Twin-turbo cosworth-built V6. Look at the test muel photos and youll notice a FMIC peeking behind the bumper. :mrgreen:

I'd rock it.

:dr00l:

This car is sick. Every sports car will look like this thing for years to come. The only reason half the people on this board hate it is because they dont like change :laugh:. They probably would have hated the first skyline when it just came out.

Do you guys realize the power potential this car will have?

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

After I start my new job, im buying one as soon as they come out.

It was like when the new mustangs came out. I hated it...Now I want one.

I'll grow accustomed to it and want one more and more.

Quoted post[/post]]
It was like when the new mustangs came out. I hated it...Now I want one.

I'll grow accustomed to it and want one more and more.

Exactly.

Look at how many people hated the 350z when it first came out . . . now look at its sales.

That car (if produced as seen just now) will own all other reasonably priced sports cars and could possibly force the return of the Supra. . . . and thus, the return of another Jap Supercar era.

The only thing ill complain about with this car is if it receives an N/A engine :thumbsdown:

Hell, even it it has a 450 4.5L V8, I'd still rock it. AWD with V8 torque? Hell yeah.

From Motortrend:

"Nissan Skyline GT-R

You’re looking at 80 to 90 percent of the 2008 production GT-R, according to Nissan design chief Shiro Nakamura. We can’t tell you whether it will be sold in North America as the Nissan GT-R or the Infiniti GT-R, because Nissan brass claims it hasn’t decided. By now, fights ought to be breaking out between U.S. Nissan and Infiniti dealerships anxious to get this M3/Z06/Cayman/NSX/Lexus supercoupe-fighter in showrooms. We can end rumors that Nissan would slide in a 4.5-liter V-8 for North America and tell you that the United States get the same engine as the rest of the world. The engine we expect for the GT-R worldwide will be a highly tuned twin-turbo 3.5-liter V-6, powering the rear wheels. The GT-R Proto features a small break in the roofline aiding what Nakamura says is a very aerodynamic package. Its twin round taillamps help “express the heyday of the GT-R,†a car until now has not officially been sold outside of Japan. The ’08 model launching in late ’07 will be the first GT-R sold in left- as well as right-hand-drive versions. The Proto’s front end is a bit “conceptual,†which means it needs a real-world front bumper and headlamps, but this show car is a solid approximation of the reborn street legend coming to our shores."

i knew that the first pics werent the gtr we are gonna get.

here are the real ones.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/...oid/6051014.001

6051014.001.Mini1L.jpg

6051014.001.Mini2L.jpg

6051014.001.Mini3L.jpg

6051014.001.Mini4L.jpg

6051014.001.Mini5L.jpg

thats basically what the GTR we are supposed to get looks like. its gonna be an infinity, las ttime i heard it was supposed to be a VQ35 destroked to 3.0L and twin turbod. makin about 450 HP.

the body stylings have since been downplayed a little and will look more like the current G35, but with a big spoiler. should be the Infiniti GT-R. 2007 model year.

they had a thing about it in SCC a few months ago.

I think that is the GTR at nurburg...i remember reading about the break cooling from the front bumper...and that doesnt look like a G35 hood...i dunno, might just be me.

wow, that rear bumper and those tailpipes need to be re-thought. but i like the g35, and the current skyline in japan IS the g35, soooo why wouldnt it look like a g35???????? they arent going to design a whole new car just for one model...

Back