Skyline In 2f2f Shoots Gaz.....how?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alright will someone please clear this thing up for me. From what I heard the steam or smoke or whatever it was, was his wastgate. I was told that the tubes coming from his external wastgate were ran to both sides and if you pay attention it only smokes right after he revs it up and lets off. I guess it is possible that after he revs it up he hits the purge each time but the timing is to close.

No, that is not the wastegate and yes, that is him purging his nitrous. Thats one of the worst things I saw about that movie, because everytime he reved his motor he purged the nitrous. I KNEW EVERYONE was going to think that, thats whats supposed to happen when you rev your motor. :angry:

now i can see if they were gonna us the wood kit to make a mold for the body kit and smooth the edges out and make it match the body lines, but if they gonna just leave it onthere, then they have issues...LOL

if i remember what i read\heard about the cars in the movie i think it was a fire extigusher that they used to make that "ooh soo cool" smoke blowoff purge what ever it was. ive seen purge valves and bov and bybass valves but not like that.

Originally posted by lsinegra96@Jun 14 2003, 01:04 PM
Will you please explain why you believe it is the purge and not the wastegate.

Ok, the wastegate, which regulates boost pressure, only expels exhaust gases into the atmosphere,( considering the car has an external wastegate). Can you see exhaust gases being expelled through your exhaust when you rev your engine? No, so therefore you will not see the exhaust gases coming from the wastegate. Do you see nitrous when it is purged though a purge valve (this is done to get fresh gas into the lines for a run). Yes you can. The car just had the purge valve in a place where you normally wouldn’t expect it.

And for the other guy, have your ever seen a fire extinguisher sprayed. It just doesn’t dissipate in the air. It leaves a foam like substance. I did not ever see that getting sprayed all over everybody in the crowd. You can't belive everything you read.

Back