Sleeves and Boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Py7h0n

I have a B18B that I am building into a Ls/Vtec Turbo, and I was wondering with the following parts list how much Hp/Boost is possible before having to sleeve it ... or is is just better to sleeve it now ?

JE 9:1 Pistons
Eagle Rods
Stock T25 Turbo
Custom Manifold
38mm Tial Wastegate

when you get around 15 lbs of boost thats the iffy area where its like on the line of sleeving and not needing to sleeve. but if your smart and care bout ur motor not blowing up and wana ride safe id sleeve at 15lbs boost. im gona be running 23lbs of boost with my new build, and obvously im gona be rebuildin and sleeving. good luck
Tyler

you have no idea what you are talking about

stop the internet hearsay, right NOW.

Originally posted by CRseX84@Apr 26 2004, 07:33 AM
im gona be running 23lbs of boost with my new build, and obvously im gona be rebuildin and sleeving. good luck
Tyler

Brian, can you please make an emoticon with a look of disgust on its face? Because that's what I would be posting right now.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Apr 26 2004, 03:27 PM

Brian, can you please make an emoticon with a look of disgust on its face? Because that's what I would be posting right now.

:slap: this one works for me, and a T25 is a itty bitty turbo, if you even want to think about wasting money on sleeves, at least up your compression, lets say, to at least 10:1, or get a bigger turbo. Like a t3, or hybrid t3/t4.

It's the effective compression that you should be looking at when you are considering sleeves. I think there are quite few threads about it, if you search you'll prolly find a bit of info on it.

Make sure you have a good fuel management, a guy I used to work with just blew up his motor on a small turbo set up due to bad fuel management, and I have a blown up motor in my back yard due to bad fuel management from a JRSC at 6psi.

sleeves when running 40psi on LS/Vtec, @ 9.0:1 darton garuntees 45psi or 900hp, whichever comes first.

ok, yet another.

STOP THE BULLSHIT

ALL THESE below assume 100% tuned- ie, hondata or better.
if you're hacking it, take off 20%
if your fmu'ing it, take off 35%

if you don't have at LEAST 93 octane, take another 10% off on top of that.

Originally posted by st00pid
000 - 299 whp : Stock block
300 - 339 whp : Forged Pistons
340 - 389 whp : Forged Pistons & Rods
390 - +++ whp : Forged Pistons, Rods, & Sleeves.

thats the LIMIT of what it will HOLD. how long? that depends on too many other factors.

if you want it stringer, build it higher
if you want it more reliable, build it higher

ok just to continue this ....

If the T25/T28's are relativly small then what turbo would be required to hit 350ish that I could find second hand off another car? (not some new T3/T4 ... I don't have that much bling !!)

i wasn't tryin to be full of shit, more so sarcastic. altho, darton DOES claim their sleeves will hold 45lbs of boost or 900hp, whichever comes first. the other part was me being funny.

Originally posted by Py7h0n@Apr 27 2004, 08:08 PM
ok just to continue this ....

If the T25/T28's are relativly small then what turbo would be required to hit 350ish that I could find second hand off another car? (not some new T3/T4 ... I don't have that much bling !!)

most likely, not going to happen.

the largest "common" turbos are t3 .63 trims. that will put a b-series in the low 250s i'd gather at its peak efficiency.

Originally posted by nismogod@Apr 27 2004, 09:50 PM
altho, darton DOES claim their sleeves will hold 45lbs of boost or 900hp,

sleeves are one thing.....

the rest of the motor, is another.

and if you hit 900 hp on Gas, even race Gas, i want to hear about it.

Back