So anyone here on the Atkins Diet??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chris is on the eat everything you see diet. works pretty good.

cant wait to have this diet work its magic at Loco's Meet over the weekend.

Suing the writer of a book (especially a dead one) because you followed the book and screwed yourself is stupid.... you chose to follow the preachings in the book. The "I ate McDonald's and got fat" lawsuit was rightfully dismissed as frivolous, and this one should be too.

Gorran, who is being assisted by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, an advocacy group that supports a vegan diet, is seeking $28,000 in damages.

Vegan diets aren't any better for your body than the Atkins diet...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Atkins can work, especially in the short term. I have seen several people lose weight on this diet. Problem is, that when the diet is over, their poor eating and exercise habits still remain. You will gain the weight back, unless you use this as a starter, then make life changes for the better.

i cant do atkins; isnt that where you dont eat much bread, pasta and rice? i eat rice everyday; and bread on several occasions. anyways that was his decision to follow it.

I couldn't do the Atkins Diet, me being hispanic taking away rice, bread, and all that starch that would be like taking away, air itself.

Originally posted by driverunknown@May 28 2004, 12:06 AM
diets are teh gay. People forget to be physically active.

yeah most just sit around chatting and playing games on the computer or watching tv.....

Originally posted by Frankie P.@May 27 2004, 09:29 PM
I couldn't do the Atkins Diet, me being hispanic taking away rice, bread, and all that starch that would be like taking away, air itself.

:werd:

I'm only half but everything my mom makes has rice in it.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@May 27 2004, 11:29 PM

Being full hispanic/vegetarian, I think I would die (I love rice - bread)

Ahaha. I used to work at McDonalds, and I tell ya that the people that go in there often and are of big size....ugh. The suit is stupid, hopefully the word gets out but no money is awarded. :ph34r:

Originally posted by calesta
Vegan diets aren't any better for your body than the Atkins diet...

where are you getting your information??? uhm... you're WRONG.

the atkins diet can be very successful for some. however, you have to do it right. your whole protein source shouldn't be fatty bacon. sure, it's ok to have it on that diet... but not every day.

same with vegan diets. you have to do it RIGHT.

proper sources of protein, as well as proper size of meals. 50 percent of EACH of your 3 meals should be FRESH fruits OR vegetables, not BOTH. you eat the fresh food first... so your body gets the necessary enzymes to digest the rest of your food. then, you should have a good source of protein, and a source of complex carbohydrates.

the reason vegans believe meat is bad (the REAL reason i should say) is because you ingest so many hormones... it sits in your intestines and ROTS for over 8 hours (pork takes 12 hours)... causing horrid gas.... and gives you PARASITES. yum. little creepy crawlies that eat all the nutrients from your food, and leave you with the garbage. appetizing. :p

now, i don't prefer the taste of red meat... so, i don't eat it anyway. this isn't me trying to brainwash you, i'm merely providing you with facts. from books i've read, and information from my mother in law. she always was the ultimate source of information on diet, nutrition and herbs. :)

so, no, vegan diets aren't bad for you. in fact, it's one of the best, if not the best diet for the body. innately. and, i can tell you... i feel overall, much better... i have more energy, and i'm more clear minded now, than i was before. not to mention i've corrected my lactose problems... and other health issues... just with diet and nutrition.

cliffs:
mike's wrong
i'm right
vegan diet is good for you

oh yea... and white flour is evil. ALWAYS use stone ground wheat. not that enriched crap. enriched wheat is just white flour dyed brown. :p

an educated woman with Angelina Jolie avatar, :wub: :wub:

That diet is bullshit. It's no better than bulimia and anorexia nervosa. It is NOT healthy. i lost 20lbs on it in three weeks last summer. I lost weight but damn, I felt like shit the whole time. I had no energy and it was really tough to get up in the mornings. You poop maybe two or three times a week. I don't care who you are, that isn't healthy. No diet can be called a diet when you are following it to the "T" and you are eating eggs and bacon for breakfast EVERY morning. The Atkins diet is bad, and you are better off actually eating a good, balanced diet and actually exercising to lose to weight.

I am on a modified adkins diet. I eat like less than 50 grams of carbs per day. Which is not alot really, compared to most people.

I am lean, in great shape and healthy. I do the gym 2-3 days a week, cycle to be exact and some weights.

And I am on Whey Protien, and Hydroxycut for the added metabolism on and off in cycles. EAS BETAGEN too on and off.

I can lift my entire weight above my head, 2 hand curl 100 lbs, tricept press 100 lbs and I only weigh 135 lbs.

I WAS 170 lbs a little while back. BUt because of the modified adkins diet, all diet soda only, and 2-3 days on the bike for 40 minutes a day and some weights, I dropped the weight and feel better than ever.

I am 33 and I am in better shape than when i was 25.

of course, I was in the US Marine Corps from 18-24 on duty, so I was in pretty good shape. Pinacle of my life I did 50+ Pullups. And 100 situps touching my elbows to my knees in 2 minutes.

Damn..LOL I will never do that again, its all downhill from there. ROFL.

Remember guys, you can do an askins diet on FISH and CHICKEN. Start eating all that fatty meat, eggs, bacon and all that crap, yea...I don;t think its good.

HERE IS THE KEY to losing weight.

Have no carbs in your bloodstream while your excersizing. You accomplish this by eating very low carbs, then not eating any carbs at all for about 6 hours after that, then work out. Say like when you just wake up.

Then you have no blood sugar after a few minutes working out, and say on the bike, on a 40 minute duration, the majority of that time your body is using your FAT stores to convert to energy and your LITERALLY sucking fat right off your body.

You hit the bike 2 hours at a time like this...I mean DAMN, youll lose 10 lbs a week probably, it comes off like nothing. Suck down a whey protien shake after the workout to stop muscle breakdown and your looking good.

Freaking proven.

Have a nice day guys.

Jeff

my sisters on that diet shes lost plenty of weight and feels fine i guess everyones different :p

atkins, is a fad, think about it your body needs complex carbs to give you energy.

I'll tell you this much, my brother tried it , lost a shit load of wieght quickly, but when he wanted to go ride his bike like he used to 10miles plus, he found out he ran out of energy really damn fast, he made it a mile and was walking home.

The only way to stay healthy and keep in shape is to eat all the food groups, exercise, drink plenty of water, exercise more, and the #1 key, stop eating when your satisfied, not when you feel bloated and feel like you're gonna puke.

Diets like atkins are a shot term fix , not the answer

I think carb diets are over rated. In fact, I think if you're extremely active in terms of exercise, you need carbs for energy. So I would think low carb diets are more for inactive people.

I've found that not pigging out on saturated fats (donuts, french fries) and getting a regular amount of exercise is all I need to do. When I go up 5-10 pounds, it's usually related to either not getting exercise or pigging out on stuff I shouldn't be pigging out on (donuts, french fries).

So, don't pig out (donuts, french fries) and exercise a few times a week. The more difficult I make anything (racing, exercise, work, relationships, etc.), the less likely I'll continue doing it. Keep it simple and it becomes part of who you are - and not something you *have* to do.

But that's me.

Fad diets are stupid. Everything in moderation, and you'll be fine. This instant-gratification crap (not just in the area of media-fenzied-glorified weight loss, but in every aspect) will be the death of society, i swear :p <_<

Originally posted by complicity@May 28 2004, 08:11 AM
Fad diets are stupid. Everything in moderation, and you'll be fine. This instant-gratification crap (not just in the area of media-fenzied-glorified weight loss, but in every aspect) will be the death of society, i swear :p <_<

Well said. :)

I'm on the anti-Atkins. Overload the carbs, and live quite happily. I love my local liquor store, on one of their beer coolers, they've got a sign that says

WARNING: HIGH-CARB BEERS BEHIND THIS DOOR

I buy most of my beer from that cooler. :)

Back