so i dont post or browse much on hondaswap anymore

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I've never had any problems with HS, probably one of the fastest sites/forums I browse.

Looks like B is on top of it though.

easier said than done.

if anything, i'll move the thread into a private forum so no one can look at it :)

or change the title to something random so nobody opens it up.. but your idea is better.. i'd say delete it but that would make a ton of posts disappear

I've never had speed issues with Hondaswap, except for when I access it on my work's internet, but that's only cause their internet blows.

Maybe 2 out of 10 page loads i get a lag, reloading the page usually fixes it. Its all good.

i have occasional problems .. i'll click on a thread and it takes like 2 minutes to open if it doesnt say Network error or something along those lines

I only have problems with the larger threads, especially posting in advanced mode on said threads.

Actually, here's exactly what I get for about half a second, sometimes a full two seconds:

attachment.php

Attachments

• HSLoadWait.jpg
    HSLoadWait.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 136
its because you use a mac.

the web gods hate you. :X

Nah, it does the same thing at work.

EDIT: I thought about telling you that it was just a skin on vista, but that made me throw up into my mouth a little bit just thinking about it.

It doesn't hang with that screen, it just waits on it for a bit. Like it's waiting for the server to finish thinking, and start sending.

its not "thinking" its waiting for the query to return. The reason it works on reload is because the query finished returning, and you are getting the cached results.

this problem should be fixed.

it turns out it was the tags casuing a lock while doing a full table scan.

I truncated out over 300,000 tags. Things should be 200% better from now on.

Back