So I may be getting an Apartment.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sheriffs Labor Assistance Program

The Sheriff's Labor Assistance Program became operational in November 1993. This program is an alternative to incarceration where Superior and Municipal Court Judges have the latitude of sentencing non-violent offenders to work details supervised by the Sheriff's Office. Program participants are carefully screened and must meet stringent eligibility requirements.

The benefits SLAP offers to both society and the offender are readily apparent. Government saves the cost of incarceration, up to $200.00 per day while the offender works off his debt to society. The offender benefits because he is able to keep his job and remain at home with his family instead of experiencing an unproductive period of incarceration.

Sheriff's Officers have directed SLAP details in most County municipalities. These details vary and may involve roadside cleanup, public golf course or park maintenance, painting of municipal buildings or other community oriented projects.

All defendants sentenced to serve on the SLAP program must pay an administrative processing fee of $25.00. The sentencing judge in cases of extreme financial hardship may waive this fee assessment.

Quoted post[/post]]
Oh yea, I know.

But the main drug in newton...I don't do.

I plan on being a 'normal' person.
yea that area isnt great. i have a friend that is unemployed making about 5 grand a week from that main drug. he also scares the shit out of me and has been in and out as long as ive known him.

Well it's not even the area, there are a lot of good people out there, then again there are a lot druggies also, none that I plan on being around.

Quoted post[/post]]
Oh yea, I know.

There's everything here, even if some of Sussex County IS east bumblefuck that gives the cow humpers more reason to just sit around and do drugs, but considering its not very far from Morris County which is one of the Top 5 richest counties in America there's lots of drugs going to wealthy people. Newark, NYC, Elizabeth, Philly, etc., aren't very far either.

Coke ran rampant through my school.

Drugs that I know people did when I was going through school were;
Weed
Coke
Heroin
E
Perks/Oxycotin/Oxycodine
Shrooms
Steriods
Acid
Dippies

Thats what I know of is common around here off the top of my head.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Oh yea, I know.

yea that area isnt great. i have a friend that is unemployed making about 5 grand a week from that main drug. he also scares the shit out of me and has been in and out as long as ive known him.

oh man, tell me his last name is Reynolds...

or another possibility from Newton would be his first name is Dennis.

Just a shot in the dark, but everyone knows the first one and he was a coworker of mine and a really nice guy but he *NEEDED* weed to live - first thing in the morning he would do is wake up and hit the bong for "maintenance".

Yep...I believe the most commonly used drugs around there now are coke and weed.

When I lived with a few friends back in the day, we used to wake up to smoking. It wasn't necassary but smoking after you wake up gives you a stronger high, I think it was because of low blood pressure or something liek that, never looked into it or cared. I just wanted to get high but I wasn't in the situations I am now though.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Oh yea, I know.

There's everything here, even if some of Sussex County IS east bumblefuck that gives the cow humpers more reason to just sit around and do drugs, but considering its not very far from Morris County which is one of the Top 5 richest counties in America there's lots of drugs going to wealthy people. Newark, NYC, Elizabeth, Philly, etc., aren't very far either.

Coke ran rampant through my school.

Drugs that I know people did when I was going through school were;
Weed
Coke
Heroin
E
Perks/Oxycotin/Oxycodine
Shrooms
Steriods
Acid
Dippies

Thats what I know of is common around here off the top of my head.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Oh yea, I know.

oh man, tell me his last name is Reynolds...

or another possibility from Newton would be his first name is Dennis.

Just a shot in the dark, but everyone knows the first one and he was a coworker of mine and a really nice guy but he *NEEDED* weed to live - first thing in the morning he would do is wake up and hit the bong for "maintenance".
nope, hes not actually from newton but that general area. he doesnt even sell weed anymore, he says, "there is no money in weed, not for the risk. i make so much more off of crack and coke."

well it's true... There are a lot of coke head up there. When I went to court for possesion of a firearm it was also drug court. I was last and had about 15 people ahead of me all there for possesion of cocaine.

Quoted post[/post]]
nope, hes not actually from newton but that general area. he doesnt even sell weed anymore, he says, "there is no money in weed, not for the risk. i make so much more off of crack and coke."

Yeah, the guys I'm speaking of are both actually from Andover but Andover goes to Newton High School.

That fact that there are drugs in the area he is possibly moving to is besides the point, because drugs are everywhere. It all depends on whether you want to find them or not. When it comes down to it, it is your CHOICE whether choose to fuck with them or not. Seems like Bryan's problem was mostly the type of crowd he was hanging with. Plus, if I was in Bryan's situation, I would have one hell of an incentive and motivation to steer away from drugs and those type of people.

Best of luck Bryan, hope everything works out well. :thumbsup:

Back