so i want a small turbo on my lsv

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
i want more power from my stock [81.5mm] block lsv somewhere in the 200-250whp range; and i want to spend under 500 bucks.

i'm done with drag but ill be going to autox events in the near future.
so i was thinking that if i got a small turbo and a simple set up i could have no lag and just enough turbo to get me to the 7.3k red line i use.

when i mentioned my plan to Anthony he told me he had a turbo from a 90ish 300zx i can have free.
[Garrett TB22/TB02 with integral wastegate, 9.8 psi max boost]

14411_40P_Z32.gif

the turbo is a t25 i think and i dont know much more about the turbo.

1. i want to keep my AC, but i dont know who could make me a manifold with a flange to fit the turbo.

2. i think the WG on the turbo will hit the block.

3. i'm pretty sure this turbo will run out of steam at a low rpm. but i have no idea where

i have an extra block and eagle rods that i want to build with stock sleeves and 10:1 cr for a future FI build. i also have 450 dsm tuner toyz injectors, and the the box to run them. ohh and the p28.

what should i do?

would the turbo make power?
what happens when a turbo is maxed out at low rpms?

I dont see it being an issue with that turbo. But I would use an ihi in the case of just that extra kick in the pants. they are pritty good at low end grunt, and are capable of reaching a high rpm. Its just that the tbirds are heavy as hell this turbo wasent a smart move for ford.

But to me I say if your gonna end up building a motor fur FI later down the road I would put that 500$ twards that.

i thought ihi turbos were smaller that the t25 from the 300zx. remember i have a 1.8 so i want a turbo the has just enough to give me 200whp an will reach its limits at around 7-8k

i was researching on HT and it seems like the 300z before the 90s had a single turbo that was a t3.

i wish i knew what turbo this was....ill take pics when i go over there

Humm if its off a single turbo 300Z then it might be worth it. I dont know.

Never seen a s ingle turbo Z

I found this, google gave me 3 results and this one is the only one that had info on it.

Turbo Introduction

Last edited:
nice! but expensive... i have to look into that turbo.

i wouldn't run a t25 on anything bigger than a zc.
on an lsvtec, its going to be a turd, and you're just going to end up wanting to upgrade.

and, wtf... baby > car parts

i know.....
i want to get it out of the way before he is born because once he is here i wont be able to get shit for a while. i also want a simple kit nothing major.

thinking it over i think ill just save up all the cash i can and then ill see what i do.

that small turbo is going to make autox'ing prolly worse. It will come on real strong down low and make a fair amount of tq. It will just be ripping tires coming out of turns. OH, and it will blow crazy amounts of heat about 6-6500rpm....

Back