So I went hunting............................ ..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, I noticed the huge hole in him =/. Still looks small for an 11 point.

As a general rule the further north you go in an animals natural habitat the large the animal. Last year I got a nice size 8 point, after processing I got about 50lbs of meat.

Thats a nice whitetail. I really want to go whitetail hunting some day...unfortunately when I lived in Illinois I was never old enough to hunt.

Here's my kill this year, 6pt scores right at 330.

8fchfk2.jpg

I had to calm my breathing for like two minutes before I could take a shot at this guy.

Did I miss where it said how much he weighed? Looks kinda small for an 11 point.
Not dissing you, nice kill no doubt. Deer here are the size of large dogs.

The deer weighed in at 190lbs field dressed ( which meaning I gutted it in the field.) So prob about a 230-250 lb deer. Most of the bucks around my area are not typically small. We do alot to get the deer beefed up. For hopes of a 300 lb buck.

This buck was pretty young. 3-5 years old. I am sure if he had another 3-5 years to go, he would've been a monster. As you can see the deer antlers are non typical. Meaning they go everywhere and one tong had 3 points. Anything that a ring can hang on is considered a point.

Thats a nice whitetail. I really want to go whitetail hunting some day...unfortunately when I lived in Illinois I was never old enough to hunt.

Here's my kill this year, 6pt scores right at 330.

8fchfk2.jpg

I had to calm my breathing for like two minutes before I could take a shot at this guy.
Very nice, I had a chance to go to colorado for a week with some friends and had to turn the opportunity down because of my x-chicken shit job. But next year I will be getting a chance to shoot an ELK

PA has an elk season, but it's really small. you have to enter a lottery to get an elk licenes, and you can only get one in a lifetime, wether you shoot one or not. but hey, at least they brought an elk population back to the state.

PA has an elk season, but it's really small. you have to enter a lottery to get an elk licenes, and you can only get one in a lifetime, wether you shoot one or not. but hey, at least they brought an elk population back to the state.

I heard about that. There was a show on a few months ago with a guy hunting elk in PA.

This could wind up being a hunt of a lifetime. My brother works for a hunting/fishing ranch west of Denver that has 36,000 acres. I was able to use the ranch to get to some public land that this guy was hanging out on. My brother had been watching this elk for two weeks before my season started and we were able to go after him.

Back