So Im a n00b...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gdwhite480

'So crispy"
Ok, so I just bought a 90 teg with a b18c, can someone tell me where this engine stands amongs others, and where should i start in tuning?

tell us your power goals, driving needs and budget and we'll go from there.

this motor has more HP than any other bseries other than b20 but less torque than an LSVTEC(b18block with b16head) thats where the motor stands..and basic tuning would be,cold air intake,header,catback exhaust, if you want to go a little deeper get a bigger throttle body,a new intake manifold,fuel rail,and bigger injectors

how harmful would it be to eliminate the cat? see, I live in iowa so i dont have any emission inspections..

This is going to be my daily driver but i want it to have decent enough power to hold my own at the streets here in DMi but not get too crazy on gas.. mostly i jus want to start with mostly bolton things or projects that only take an hour or two with a single guy. I have a few expenses to pay on but i plan on spending approximately $1-300/month budget permitting.

Well having a cat gone isen't a bad idea but also look into a highflow cat. The noise is un godly loud.... and as for bolt on I would stick with the Cold Air, Headers, and Exaust package. You can do all of that on ya graduge floor.. Simple and a great way to learn more about your car. just some thoughts that I did awhile back and have learned alot about my car! :)

Back