So Went To HMotors Today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
Excellent customer service!! I told the guys that i wanted the complete B16 swap for a CRX and that I wanted it with the Y1 tranny so I could get away with using the Si-R linkage instead of buying the HaSport one. The guys were cool about it and let me be as picky as I wanted to be with no complaints. Their shop is very well organized and they have the cleanest front clips I have ever seen in my life! Even though they don't advertise front clips on thier website (except for the front end conversions) they do carry them.

:worthy: HMotorsOnline :worthy:

BTW- Has anyone had a bad experience with HMotors? or anything you didn't like about them?

thats where i got the zc for my rex, no complaints from me :)

I wouldn't exactly call the shop well organized.

I've been there a few times and well, although me and my friends aren't thieves, they left us alone, standing infront of boxes of brand new type R pistons, the EK9/DC5 ones, and the cams to match, among other things. I mean shit, when I was standing infront of a set of JDM crx tail lights with my car just outside the dock and no one there, I can't lie that the thought did not cross my mind.

Also, I think steve could use another worker for answering phones, or giving prices. His warehouse guys are cool, but hes always overworked and real busy when I've spoken to him .

But, I would call these things minor, they've got the major things down, good motors, good prices, and reliable service.

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@May 6 2005, 10:19 AM

I've been there a few times and well, although me and my friends aren't thieves, they left us alone, standing infront of boxes of brand new type R pistons, the EK9/DC5 ones, and the cams to match, among other things. I mean shit, when I was standing infront of a set of JDM crx tail lights with my car just outside the dock and no one there, I can't lie that the thought did not cross my mind.

Also, I think steve could use another worker for answering phones, or giving prices. His warehouse guys are cool, but hes always overworked and real busy when I've spoken to him .

But, I would call these things minor, they've got the major things down, good motors, good prices, and reliable service.
[post=495919]Quoted post[/post]​

what does leaving you alone have to do with being organized? its a shame you thought about stealing things from such a reputable shop or any shop at that matter.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@May 6 2005, 10:38 AM

what does leaving you alone have to do with being organized? its a shame you thought about stealing things from such a reputable shop or any shop at that matter.
[post=495968]Quoted post[/post]​

Hmm have you ever heard of a little something called loss prevention? I think that the shop needs to be BETTER ORGANIZED as to prevent such occurances. I've come across a few guys who I know, had they been in my situation, would have had like 5 cases of new pistons and cams. I like hmotors, I want to see them be profitable and stay afloat so as they can continue their bussiness of abitrage which has benefited many of us.

As for it being a shame I had such thoughts, sorry buddy, but its human nature. Did I steal anything? No. Would have I honestly? No. Have I ever stolen anything? Not that I can remember--maybe a couple gummy bears out of the bulk tubes in the grocery store--only thing I can think of. Would some? You know, in southern cali, its sure not the best, most moral group of people who (as a wide generality) make the honda scene. Would many of have stolen that stuff Hell Yes!

Now, i have not been there in like 6 months, so much things may have changed. But, when I was there, the setup of the shop was not congruent with a well established bussiness model.

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@May 6 2005, 10:19 AM

I've been there a few times and well, although me and my friends aren't thieves, they left us alone, standing infront of boxes of brand new type R pistons, the EK9/DC5 ones, and the cams to match, among other things.

yeah they left me and my friend alone also but standing infront of front clips and rear disc conversions. I'm pretty sure we couldn't sneak those items out lol...did you go when they were in Arleta? because they are in Burbank now and since you haven't been there in 6 months i'm sure you'd see a difference.
yes, the shop guys are second-to-none when it comes to customer satifaction. they were running a full leak down and compression test on my motor when i got there. steve told me to order an hour in advance and I got there like 15 min later lol

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@May 6 2005, 03:07 PM
i'd eat off my sir2 and E's spec-r that came out of there.

super clean.

not the GSR ?? :(
[post=496008]Quoted post[/post]​

lol you're kidding right?

I spent 3 hours cleaning up the 240 all nice, detailed up... everythign short of a wax job.

and i get a car with dirt, random chew bottles, and dust everywhere. lol

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+May 6 2005, 12:56 PM-->
@May 6 2005, 10:19 AM

I've been there a few times and well, although me and my friends aren't thieves, they left us alone, standing infront of boxes of brand new type R pistons, the EK9/DC5 ones, and the cams to match, among other things.

yeah they left me and my friend alone also but standing infront of front clips and rear disc conversions. I'm pretty sure we couldn't sneak those items out lol...did you go when they were in Arleta? because they are in Burbank now and since you haven't been there in 6 months i'm sure you'd see a difference.
yes, the shop guys are second-to-none when it comes to customer satifaction. they were running a full leak down and compression test on my motor when i got there. steve told me to order an hour in advance and I got there like 15 min later lol
[post=496028]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't trust compression testing that much due to carbon build up on the heads, or w/e. My civic before I sold it was 5 below the original # of the compression. Well, the engine had 270,+ miles on it and it was marking compression as if it were a two year old engine... P.s. many used car dealers will drop in a tea spoon of oil into the hole where the spark plug goes to up compression...

w/e I buy another hatch, I will buy my motor from this place though, you guys have convinced me... I was thinking k watanabe since its close to where I live... but I'll go to Hmotorsonline.

Originally posted by One Stop Customs@May 6 2005, 01:18 PM

I don't trust compression testing that much due to carbon build up on the heads, or w/e. My civic before I sold it was 5 below the original # of the compression. Well, the engine had 270,+ miles on it and it was marking compression as if it were a two year old engine... P.s. many used car dealers will drop in a tea spoon of oil into the hole where the spark plug goes to up compression...

[post=496041]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually a leak down test is much more accurate and the problem you speak of will not be a factor in a leak down test.

Also, won't the car smoke like hell the first time you start it up after the oil is in the cylinder? I know I driped like 4 drops down there it smoked preety good on start up. Doesn't seem like they could pull that off.

these are the kind of comments that made my decision to buy from them. I'll update in about another week when I get my motor in.

Originally posted by Iron 1@May 6 2005, 05:39 PM
these are the kind of comments that made my decision to buy from them. I'll update in about another week when I get my motor in.
[post=496099]Quoted post[/post]​

did you still need that pg7?

Originally posted by Iron 1@May 6 2005, 04:39 PM
these are the kind of comments that made my decision to buy from them.
[post=496099]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

I might have to ship some stuff from over there.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+May 6 2005, 03:13 PM-->
Slammed90Lude
@May 6 2005, 03:07 PM
i'd eat off my sir2 and E's spec-r that came out of there.

super clean.

not the GSR ?? :(
[post=496008]Quoted post[/post]​

lol you're kidding right?

I spent 3 hours cleaning up the 240 all nice, detailed up... everythign short of a wax job.

and i get a car with dirt, random chew bottles, and dust everywhere. lol
[post=496037]Quoted post[/post]​

thats our corrie!!! B)

Back